Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Slade talking on 5-Live in a minute..

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Was just about to post this exact thread.

Have got 5 Live casually playing in the background, sure I heard Slade's name at some point, assumed it must be a short interview.

Will definitely be listening. :clap:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
A club with real potential and hopefully one day challenge for the Championship :albion2:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
a glass of wine with Dick Knight !? - good god

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sounds like he's looking to stay beyond the end of the season! Loved the way he was referring to The Albion as 'we' throughout the interview. Really like the geezer a whole lot - so let's all give him 100%, & hopefully he'll move us upwards & onwards. :ascarf:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As he said in the interview, he had 378 games in charge at Yoevil and lets hope I go on to get 378 games here.

Thats not how I heard it, I thought he said something along the lines of after 378 games it's the 1st time he's been sacked as a manager and he hopes it's another 378 games before it happens again.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
As he said in the interview, he had 378 games in charge at Yoevil and lets hope I go on to get 378 games here.

Well, I think he said he hoped it would be another 378 games before he was sacked/walked, so I hope your interpretation is spot-on there Fozzy (what with talk of contracts 'til the end of the season & all).

God, my memory's shot these days!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh dear. I would have hoped he might have thought we'd "hopefully one day challenge for the Premiership"

God I hope not, if we 'challenge for the Premiership' we might accidentally get in.
By the time that happens I'm likely to completely loathe 'top flight soccerball' instead of just hating it, as I do at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here