Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Bishop.................

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well he got rejected last year, so surely there's a good chance that the board will draw the same conclusions this time round?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It would be nice to think that, if he were to be released, he would be arrested at the gate on his way out.

No more double jeopardy, Russell. You won't get away with murder again - if you live to face trial.

I would imagine there are many people out there who would wish him great harm.

Vile is no way a strong enough word to describe that shit. :censored:

Last edited:

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
This is news i didn't want to hear, i lived in Moulsecoomb at the time of the murders, and my own daughter was 6 at the time, you can imagine the fear we had as parents.

Those 2 beautiful girls would just be turning 30 now. :nono:

This man would not dare to come to Brighton again, i for one would rip his f***ing head off. :angry:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ernest said:
But who knows if he did it ? The police cocked the whole investigation right up and not unknown for them to arrest/pin the blame on the wrong person.

Put it this way, Ernest, I believe the official police line is

"we are not looking for anyone else in connection with the Wild Park murders".

Make of that what you will....

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not entirely sure, but I believe it was something to do with a jumper he may or may not have been in possession of.

I have a feeling they couldn't link it conclusively to him, or something like that. Shame, as now they can get DNA off far smaller contact traces than they could then, so he'd probably have been convicted if it took place last year instead of in the 1980s.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
edna krabappel said:
Not entirely sure, but I believe it was something to do with a jumper he may or may not have been in possession of.

I have a feeling they couldn't link it conclusively to him, or something like that. Shame, as now they can get DNA off far smaller contact traces than they could then, so he'd probably have been convicted if it took place last year instead of in the 1980s.

Yeah that's the top and bottom of it. I read a book about it last year - incredible stuff really.

He was stupid enough to try it all again which is why he's inside for the offence he committed against another girl in 1990. She survived and gave evidence against him.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
edna krabappel said:

That is correct, the police have never had any other suspect and he was definitely with the girls shortly before the murder according to several eye witnesses.

He done it alright.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
sully said:
No more double jeopardy, Russell. You won't get away with murder again - if you live to face trial.

Sadly, there has to be "compelling new evidence" in order for him to get retried. Something like a confession. You can guess whether that's going to happen...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
edna krabappel said:

Providing the jumper is still held as evidence then the new DNA tests can be applied. We are already seeing cases of murderers coming to justice after many, many years.:clap: :clap:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Ernest said:
I remember vaguely seeing as it's 20 years ago but how did he get acquitted at the first trial ?

Because the police were totally inept and based their main evidence on the fact he had fibres from their clothes on him or vica versa but this was dismissed as he was a regular visiter to their houses and babysat for them.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have just referred to a book 'A question of evidence' the Pinto Jumper had fibres from two the girls Bishop and the vegiataion constant with the Wildpark the old bill cocked up the evidence and allowed the sweatshirt to be contaminated and mislabled.

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Goodfella said:
This is news i didn't want to hear, i lived in Moulsecoomb at the time of the murders, and my own daughter was 6 at the time, you can imagine the fear we had as parents.

Those 2 beautiful girls would just be turning 30 now. :nono:

This man would not dare to come to Brighton again, i for one would rip his f***ing head off. :angry:

Having been in Moulscombe at the time, can you offer any insight into what made people terrorise his whole family?

I kind of assume it's people full of anger needing to vent it at someone, and if it can't be the man himself then they aim it at someone near him. But I always felt for them, as it must have been horrifying enough to find out someone in your family is such an animal, without all the bricks through their windows.

Or were they all a nasty lot, perhaps bringing it upon themselves in some way.

Last edited:

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Think there was some evidence at the time given by his then-girlfriend, providing either an alibi or at least support to suggest he couldn't have done it. Since then, she's waveringly hinted at certain times she would backtrack and admit she'd perjured at the time, without quite going through with it.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I seem to remember that the police initially suspected one of the girls fathers because he went to bed instead of joining the search for the girls.

It later turned out he had had a fit of some sort, due to the stress, and was put to bed.

:nono:

Last edited:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Does this vile creature expect to come to Brighton (or anywhere else), and not go one day without people sussing out who he is?

Some crimes deserve the dealth penalty, and I have no doubt there will be many wanting to join the queue to hang him. or maybe a longer, painful end.

I still get an eerie feeling, whenever i go past that park.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
He's still serving a life sentence for a crime for which he was actually convicted. According to BBC Radio this morning, the cops and the CPS have decided there's not enough compelling new evidence to re-try him.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
hove born&bred said:
I have just referred to a book 'A question of evidence' the Pinto Jumper had fibres from two the girls Bishop and the vegiataion constant with the Wildpark the old bill cocked up the evidence and allowed the sweatshirt to be contaminated and mislabled.

Yeah that's the book I read...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here