Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour about the new badge

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I heard this the other day and although I doubt it's true it would explain the change.

I heard that the reason the new badge has the seagull flying in the other direction is because "Holister" have complained about it as it the same as their logo.

Anyone else heard this?

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
i think it has more to do with the seagull flying forwards, rather than backwards, a more optimistic view.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Someone's having you on pal!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Albion; 1901.
Hollister; 2000.

I doubt it.

Actually, Hollister has been around since 1922 and we have not been called the seagulls for anything like as long as that. So actually their logo preceeds ours by quite some years.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Actually, Hollister has been around since 1922 and we have not been called the seagulls for anything like as long as that. So actually their logo preceeds ours by quite some years.

2000, actually, not 1922. The story of Hollister being founded in 1922 is just a piece of marketing bullshit to help sell more clothes. It's designed by A+F to create the impression of a heritage and tradition. It's a cynical as that.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009

I'm not sure thats true.
Heard it is some bullshit advertising campaign.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
2000, actually, not 1922. The story of Hollister being founded in 1922 is just a piece of marketing bullshit to help sell more clothes. It's designed by A+F to create the impression of a heritage and tradition. It's a cynical as that.

Wouldnt surprise me. Its all shit clobber as well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

its quite sad and pathetic that retailers go to such lengths as to create fake history for a new brand.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Agree...You hear the word of Brighton and Hove Albion Albion...aka Seagulls....does anyone associate Hollister as Seagulls...I don't think so!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I heard this the other day and although I doubt it's true it would explain the change.

I heard that the reason the new badge has the seagull flying in the other direction is because "Holister" have complained about it as it the same as their logo.

Anyone else heard this?

:fishing:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Do you think TB would have the neck to approach Hollister to do our kit? They could have their seagull & ours!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Its re-branding simple as. And the change of direction the seagull is flying is probably down to trademarking the logo. Same way as Arsenal did when they changed theirs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here