Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugby World Cup Final tickets - what a result!!!

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I cannot believe my luck.

I genuinely purchased 4 tickets from the official rugby world cup site about a year ago for the england v south africa pool match.

I then decided that we were gonna lose and that the trip would be a waste of time so i flogged two on e-bay and two to a mates mate.

In February this year i recieved a letter from the rugby world cup organisers saying that as i had bought tickets for the england v south africa match, i had automatically been entered into a draw to win 'the right' to but tickets for either one of the semi finals or the final.

i thought well i have got to try for the final. at the appointed hour on the appointed day i hit the website ang the phone and got two of the cheapest seats amazingly. i just thought that it would be a great occasion to attend and see the all blacks play south africa or something like that.

NEVER EVER did i dream that my sporting dream would come true and that i would be watching england!!!!

I still can't believe it. My ticket for the final, the return train and the hotel has cost me nothing as I made good money selling the original tickets for the south africa game.

I am a genuine fan and was at Heathrow at 02.00 four years ago to wait four hours to see the returning world champions.

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drink::drink::drink:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Is Pete Canning going?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good result...and great they're going to a real fan rather than a corporate ligger.

Certainly don't sell them. I remember having tickets for the 1999 cricket WC final and on the way to Lord's were being offered preposterous sums of money for them by an array of Pakistan (and a couple of Aussie) fans. Even though I was a neutral, I wouldn't have sold them for anything - it was a World Cup final, FFS.

But how mudh better must it be to when you're a genuine fan? Good for you, W&I.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's going to be a hard push leaving Withdean after the Leeds game and getting to the Stade de France for 8

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Withdean and i - I am in exactly the same boat. I bought the "Paris package" which included England v South Africa, England v Tonga and Portugal v Italy. I also went into that draw. But between buying the original tickets and the draw thing I changed my email. Was contcated by a mate of mine to tell me I had won the right to the draw as he saw my name on the website! By the time I got on all the cheapest oines had gone, but got ones for £200 each.

At the time I thought I would ce cheering on the All Blacks as my "2nd team" but I am so excited about going over.

£200 for ticket, £120 for Easyjet flight and £50 for the hotel, all booked months ago. Gonna be a top weekend.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Well done Withdean and I and S over NZ. See you there although I wasn't quite as lucky as you boys - bought a package off a mate of a mate who's a Kiwi who had pre-booked the package on the natural assumption that the men in black would be gracing the scene.
Can't wait...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here