Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rubbish? - player ratings

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Kuipers - 7- good saves in first half, quiet in second. Maybe could have done better with goals - i wasn't at a great angle though
Hart - 6 - average
Lynch - 4 - At fault for first goal which ultimately cost us the game
Butters - 6- saved by Michel in the first half, tidy apart from that
Rents - 3 - had a bit of a shocker
El abd - 2 - missed tackles, crap passing, crap movement
Hammond - 6 - passed the ball square a lot. Not enough forward movement/passing
Fraser - 2- Out of position. Crap at making attacking runs
Cox - 5 - two good runs, ran his arse off second half when everyone else gave up
Gatting - 4 - No movement. Back to goal too much. Unlucky with one shot
Robinson - 5- lively but back to goal on the ball. No end product

Chamberlain - 6
Arsenal boy - 5 - why bring him on?
Frutos - 5

Overall a great dissapointment. Yes, City were a good organised side, but we didn't even make a game of it. We didn't have a proper chance, and there seemed to be a half arsed attitude. MOVEMENT was the word of the day - absolutely non existent. We need a midfielder and a striker at the very least, but are running out of time to do it. Lynch once again showed why he's not premiership class with another pivotal cock up. Overall a shocking evening in about minus 4 conditions. Even the crowd were quiet it was so bad - i don't recall one song in the last half hour. Beaten by the better team? yes, but we've only got our own ineptness to blame!
Season is over...unless we get dragged into a relegation battle. SORT IT DICK:nono:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Withdean Wanderer said:
[
Overall a great dissapointment. Yes, City were a good organised side, but we didn't even make a game of it. We didn't have a proper chance, and there seemed to be a half arsed attitude. MOVEMENT was the word of the day - absolutely non existent. We need a midfielder and a striker at the very least, but are running out of time to do it. Lynch once again showed why he's not premiership class with another pivotal cock up. Overall a shocking evening in about minus 4 conditions. Even the crowd were quiet it was so bad - i don't recall one song in the last half hour. Beaten by the better team? yes, but we've only got our own ineptness to blame!
Season is over...unless we get dragged into a relegation battle. SORT IT DICK:nono: [/B]

Sums it all up quite well not helped by very poor use of substitutes. Can't begin to understand what DW expected Chamberlain and Frutos to do to improve the dismall performance by the front men sorry boys.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Re: Re: Rubbish? - player ratings

BensGrandad said:
Sums it all up quite well not helped by very poor use of substitutes. Can't begin to understand what DW expected Chamberlain and Frutos to do to improve the dismall performance by the front men sorry boys.

Why bring a defender on when we were a goal down?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Re: Re: Rubbish? - player ratings

Withdean Wanderer said:

I thought that he would have taken Fraser off and pushed Hart foreward and also taken Gatting off and tried Elder as we had nothing to lose.

I think unfortunately that Dean Wilkins is out of his depth and needs some experienced help not Dean White or Ian Chapman but somebody with knowledge and experience.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Well, what a wank fest. So if you have to give ratings, what would they be:

Kuipers: 6. Made some fine saves, but is still a cock
Hart: 4. If he is a defender, I was made to marry Margaret Beckett
Butters: 6. Solid as usual, shame he is playing next to an inept tosser
Lynch: 3. See above, remove "sold as usual, shame he is playing next to an"
Rents: 2. Positional sense of a mongose
Fraser: 2. More vision for creating an opportunity in an eye hospital
El-Abd: 1. The game is up, he is as convincing in central midfield as Iain Duncan-Smith was as a political leader
Hammond: 6. One of the better performers, but is crying out for a decent partner
Cox: 4. Like Tony Blair, started off promising but has gone off the rails like a train on a track full of leaves
Gatting: 4. Worked hard, but with Revells injury has been thrown in at the deep end like a flid in a swimming pool
Robinson: 5. Once again the only one who didn't look wheelchair bound due to the fact that he can actually move off the ball

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Withdean Wanderer said:

Hart was injured earlier on and wasn't coping at RB.
There was no movement off the ball from the players.

Kuipers: 6. Made some fine saves, but was at fault for the first goal
Hart: 4 He wasn't coping and should have been subbed earlier
Butters: 7.
Lynch: 5
Rents: 5
Fraser: 5
El-Abd: 7
Hammond: 6.
Cox: 4. very off form
Gatting: 6
Robinson: 7

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Withdean Wanderer said:

I didn't go, but from what I have seen, O'Cerauill is useful at passing and pressing forward. It was clear that Bristol were the better side, so soak up the pressure and then hit them on the break...

Just trying to offer suggestions as to why Deano may have brought on a defender.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I'm confused El Abd's rating differs from 0 (Badger) to 7 (Yorkie)?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So was Kuipers at fault for the first goal or not? Yorkie is blaming him, Complete Badger says not, Scott Mac appears to be on drugs.

Somehow, I think some loaded agendas are coming into play here, but can someone give us an honest appraisal as whether he was at fault or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TLO.

I think the first goal was down to ball watching by a number of players Kuipers included the only person who made a move for it was Showomni (sp) so technically it could be said that it was down to Kuipers as he must share equal blame with a number of other defenders. To my mind it was debatable as to whether the majority of blame should fall on Kuipers shoulders or Lynch and the questions will go on as per Henderson or Lynch to blame for the goal against Millwall. Depends which side of the Kuipers Henderson fence you sit.

For the 2nd goal he appeared to be charging from side to side of his goal chasing a lost shadow.

Last edited:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Frowm where I was standing it looked as though Lynch was fouled as the ball came over, meaning he couldn't get his head to the ball, which fell for the boy Enoch.

In my opinion, Kuipers was caught in no mans land between the goal line and the defenders, giving Enoch the opportunity to lob the ball over him with relative ease.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here