Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Keane

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
And in his new autobigraphy, Born To Score, Yorke says: "The manager's darkening mood was made only too clear on an ominous night for his regime. There were the first signs of tension between Keano and the Sunderland supporters. But that was nothing compared to the eruption we witnessed at half-time. We knew we were in for a tongue-lashing. We waited for the fireworks. Keano emerged from the washroom, quietly, calmly.

"He asked our kit manager if he can get the tactics board. 'Sure, boss, it's over here.'

"The board goes up. And Keano takes a running jump and smashes it over with a kung-fu kick. He screamed at Danny Collins: 'Never come to me and ask for a contract again.' And then the captain, Dean Whitehead, is next. 'Captain? Captain? Some f***in' captain you are,' he rages, slapping Dean about the head in the process, before turning on us all. 'I can't trust any of you!'

Quote:
The following month Keane produced another explosive dressing-room rant as his side trooped off at half-time following a goalless first-half at Stoke. "That didn't prevent a furious reaction from the manager," explains Yorke. "Keano once again delivered a kung-fu kick on the tactics board which sent it crashing. He launched into a tirade at the team that began with his telling me that I was being substituted.

"I took the decision on the chin. We lost 1-0, which did nothing to improve his temper and I later learned he was unhappy with me because I had not reacted to his decision to substitute me.

"When I got the chance to speak to him, I told him my view. 'We still had 45 minutes to play and I didn't want to bring the dressing room down any more than it already was,' I argued. 'The players needed encouraging, not slaughtering.'

"I stick by that; ranting at the players made no sense when there was still half a game to go.

"Two days later, Keano said to me: 'Listen, Yorkie. You've been great for me. But I've had enough of you. And as a manager I've got to make a decision. I no longer want you to train with us.' I was banished to the reserves.

"Five minutes before that showdown, a first-team meeting had been arranged downstairs and, gloomily, I made my way there.

"Arriving at the same door from the opposite direction was Keano. He stopped me in the corridor. 'No no, Yorkie, you're not in this meeting,' he said. 'You're outside with the reserves.'

"I have no doubt that, had I actually got to the meeting before him, he would have frogmarched me out in front of the whole squad.

"After that, the atmosphere around the club plummeted still further. For three, sometimes four days a week, we would see no sign of Keano and not too many players were disappointed when there was no sign of his car in the mornings.

"The dressing room started to get disconnected, splitting into little cliques and groups of self-interest.

"Paranoia rampaged through the club, players were at each other's throats and fighting one another; it was disintegrating before our very eyes.

"For the next five weeks it was like this and the results inevitably crumbled still further. And then, suddenly, I got a call from our elusive manager, who had not spoken to me since I was banished from the meeting.

"'Yorkie, I know things haven't been great between us but I just want to know if you're on board with me,' said Keano.

"I was so stunned to receive the call, never mind the question, that I couldn't think of an answer.

"Instead, I said I would pop in and discuss it with him the following day.
"Twenty minutes later I got a text from him: 'Don't bother - I think I've got my answer.' It would have been easy for me to tell him I was on board. I guess that was what he wanted. I'm sorry I couldn't do that.

"I'm not saying I would not have thrown my support behind Keano eventually; such is the immense respect I had for him as my leader then I probably would have. But we needed to talk first.

"By now I was convinced that club management was not for Keano.

Quote:

And Yorke reveals: "The rumours of his departure had been flying around for a while, but when it happened it was still a surprise.

"So I sent him a text saying how sorry I was how things had turned out, but thanking him for the chance at Sunderland and wishing him all the best for the future.

"Ten minutes later, I got my reply: 'Go f*** yourself.'

"I've still got that text on my phone. I keep it because to this day it shocks me - and yet at the same time, doesn't."

No wonder Ipswich are in the shit.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Yeah I read that, people skills may be a little development area I think for young Roy!

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
wow. what a f***ing twat keane sounds like. unbelievable level twat, my f***ing god... that 'i got my answer' text sounds like a lovers tiff going on in roystons head! hahahaha what a nonce.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fug me, it's coming to something if Dwight Yorke feels he's in a position to get on his high horse about anything!

"So I sent him a text saying how sorry I was how things had turned out, but thanking him for the chance at Sunderland and wishing him all the best for the future.

Yes I'm sure your text said exactly that Dwight! ???

Although I'm sure the gist of the story is true, much of it sounds like a work of faction written by some ghost writer.

C.Hawkins

Sep 27, 2009
"The manager's darkening mood was made only too clear on an ominous night for his regime."

Yeah course he said that. :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"Paranoia rampaged through the club, players were at each other's throats and fighting one another; it was disintegrating before our very eyes."

Can you imagine Dwight Yorke saying any of that? A personal fave being the last bit: "It was disintegrating before our very eyes."

It really is quite incredible. Next they'll be telling us that Jordan actually wrote her latest novel.

:mendoza:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
"The board goes up. And Keano takes a running jump and smashes it over with a kung-fu kick."

"Keano once again delivered a kung-fu kick on the tactics board which sent it crashing."

That'll learn it

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it doesnt sound out of place for the sort of tales told about john sitton

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Roy Keane is properly the least suited to management person ever. He's a complete tool.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can you imagine his Ipswich chairman reading that. :lolol:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm delighted the wheels are coming off management wise for the angry wee fucker. Absolutely delighted.

f***ed up his chance of getting to a world cup, and never likely to get near a cup of any description that hasn't got tea in it again.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
there was a tv programme about john sitton, he wasnt as bad as that.

fronting one of his players, offering two more out by telling them to "bring there dinner", sacking one who had made 300+ appearances for the club at half time and delivering a two minute half time team talk that included the GEMS "in the words of the great graham taylor, you got us in this f***ing mess, now you get us out of it, nothing more to be said, you're a f***ing disgrace, f*** off out on the pitch the lot of you" and my personal favourite, "f*** the technical shit, its down to this" as he thumps his heart

keane hasn't even began scratching the john surface yet

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
fronting one of his players, offering two more out by telling them to "bring there dinner", sacking one who had made 300+ appearances for the club at half time and delivering a two minute half time team talk that included the GEMS "in the words of the great graham taylor, you got us in this f***ing mess, now you get us out of it, nothing more to be said, you're a f***ing disgrace, f*** off out on the pitch the lot of you" and my personal favourite, "f*** the technical shit, its down to this" as he thumps his heart

so he's passionate about the game :laugh: i remember lots of effing and blinding, dont remember him offering anyone out though.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

[yt]_ioE0v_XyNQ[/yt]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The point was made when he left Sunderland that he desperately needs a Peter Taylor to his Brian Clough, i.e. a decent assistant who he respects and trusts. Without someone like that Keane is destined to implode...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
We should have a poll on who's the biggest footballing bottler out of Keane and Campbell? Are there any others?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here