Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Route journey advice o/t

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Just trying to help me mum out, she wants to come visit, but not sure on the quickest journey from Deal

My Dad told her to go the coast road, but AA route planner says that's a long long journey, and the route its telling her to do is go up the M20 and come down near Maidstone area.

Some advice would be great guys as i think i few of ya went to the open at Sandwich so might know a quicker route

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I suspect the motorway route is quicker as the coast road does meander quite a bit but less mileage and also very few dual carriageways till past Bexhill.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Where is she travelling to? This would help with the advice... If it's Brighton then M2, Detling Hill to Maidstone, M20, M26, M25 and M23 is the quickest route!

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
Probably via the motorway network as above. But I would take motorway to Maidstone and travel to Brighton via Tunbridge Wells, Crowborough, Uckfield and Lewes. A26, then A228 and A264 missing out Tonbridge and back on the A26 from TW to Lewes. That coastal route is tortuous (think thats the word for it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here