Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham in administration

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Just announced. This season the number of clubs going into administration is unprecedented. Surely things can only improve?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Rotherham

Have gone in to administration for the second time within 18 months.

10 point deduction moves them down to 11th in the table, and a way off the play-offs.

All down to ITV Digital :angry:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Fixtures

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Fixtures 2

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bet Chesterfield are happy...they've just taken over the last Play-off spot!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
shame for their fans to go through it all again and worse to lose the chance of the play-offs and promotion.

there but for the grace of god and may still be in time to come....................

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if the time is coming when the league have to reconsider their decision to deduct 10 points and perhaps substitute it with automatic relegation to the division below, which ever that may be at all levels of football.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wonder if the time is coming when the league have to reconsider their decision to deduct 10 points and perhaps substitute it with automatic relegation to the division below, which ever that may be at all levels of football.

that could seriously f*** up the whole nature of a league competition depending on the timing.

I tend to think the current balance is ok subject to some tweaking to stop legal challenges from clubs who abuse the system (and thereby abuse their fellow competitors).

Harsher sanctions for clubs who wilfully spend money they dont have would be good but difficult to police

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
that could seriously f*** up the whole nature of a league competition depending on the timing.

I tend to think the current balance is ok subject to some tweaking to stop legal challenges from clubs who abuse the system (and therefore their fellow competitors).

Harsher sanctions for clubs who wilfully spend money they dont have would be good but difficult to police

I cannot see how this is a problem as it would just mean that the next one in line in the division below is promoted i.e if 2 are automatically promoted that becomes 3 and the play offs are then between 4th and 7th instead of 3rd and 6th and so forth if 4 clubs go into administration you relegate 4 clubs and promote the next 4 with the play offs still between the next 4.

The only problem I see is that when getting relegated from Div 2 to the Conference a dividing line would have to be drawn across the country in the Conference so that if eg York were promoted an extra club from the Northern Conf would take their place and the same if it was Woking an extra team from the Southern Conference would go into the Conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here