Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Why has Rooney got to give a statement to Fifa regharding his red card on sat ? is this nornal practice or is it a special case ?

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
SSN yesterday were reporting that FIFA were investigating him for violent conduct? I thought once a ref has seen an incident and given a card thats the end of it and FIFA can't do anything....... or is that just when its Figo? ??? ??? ???

Must be different when its an England player! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Someone will either have to speak on his behalf or write the statement for him. The guys thick as shit !!!! ( look at the number of red cards given prior to the game) . Did he not think at all ?

Golden Boy my arse !!

This rants over and yes I'm well over it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Skint Gull said:
SSN yesterday were reporting that FIFA were investigating him for violent conduct? I thought once a ref has seen an incident and given a card thats the end of it and FIFA can't do anything....... or is that just when its Figo? ??? ??? ???

To be fair they did the same thing to that Italian who elbowed Brian McBride. He got a 4 game ban.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will he be allowed to ask why the ref allowed two Portugese players to continue to hack and pull at him from behind for several seconds, without getting anywhere near the ball, without blowing for an England free kick ? Or, as seems the norm nowadays, was Rooney instead obliged to throw himself to the floor in writhing "agony" in order to get the free kick ?

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Skint Gull said:

Problem is that if the red card was for the shove then nothing has been done about the stamp so he can still be disciplined for that.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I still think the case is very far from proven that it was a deliberate stamp at all, let alone a red-card offence.

He'd had two players virtually hauling him over, the only reason he was still tussling with Carvalho is that he was trying to win back a ball other players would have given up long before.

What is it with the 'hate-Rooney' stuff going on? For anyone who knows anything about football he is clearly a brilliant talent. He shouldn't be allowed to behave as he chooses, and needs forcibly reminding that to help England he has to be on the pitch, whatever the provocation.

But some of these people saying he should never play again on other threads, it's absurd. Let's put Michael Ricketts back up front...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Skint Gull said:

Again no conspiracy against England, FIFA have had the same rules for everone.

If its a yellow card then it's considered delt with during the game and FIFA would be very unlikely to upgrade it to a red card.

If the red card is for violent conduct they will look into the incident and decide if the 1 game ban is for enough or if they need to impose a longer ban. As seen when they banned the Italian for a 4 games after is elbow to McBride.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
I still think the case is very far from proven that it was a deliberate stamp at all, let alone a red-card offence.

He'd had two players virtually hauling him over, the only reason he was still tussling with Carvalho is that he was trying to win back a ball other players would have given up long before.

Exactly.

Albion Rob

Easy 10 said:
Will he be allowed to ask why the ref allowed two Portugese players to continue to hack and pull at him from behind for several seconds, without getting anywhere near the ball, without blowing for an England free kick ? Or, as seems the norm nowadays, was Rooney instead obliged to throw himself to the floor in writhing "agony" in order to get the free kick ?

Come on Easy, you know the score - if you're getting hacked to bits but you stay on your feet - no foul.

If a player comes withing a metre of you, regardless of making contact with you or not, then as long as you throw yourself on the deck, there;s a nice free kick waiting for you.

Get your team mates to start gesturing to the ref in exactly the way they were told would earn them a booking before the tournament started and you could even win your foe a red or yellow card.

I don't know abot Rooney being thick but we all need to wise up if we're going to stop getting this nagging sinking feeling evey two years - cheats prosper at football.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I am actually getting sick of it. The stakes are so high that players cheat and the clubs and authorities don't want to do anything about it. It is one of the reasons I stopped supporting Chelsea. It has actually partially ruined the World Cup for me and is slowly ruining football.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he should be able to use bbc coverage of the scenes before kick-off,ron fecking aldo tried to head-butt the back of rooneys head and missed.

"wayne is my friend"

not any more twat. now feck off to spain and try your diving whinging antics there and see how far you get.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Albion Rob said:
Come on Easy, you know the score - if you're getting hacked to bits but you stay on your feet - no foul.

If a player comes withing a metre of you, regardless of making contact with you or not, then as long as you throw yourself on the deck, there;s a nice free kick waiting for you.

Get your team mates to start gesturing to the ref in exactly the way they were told would earn them a booking before the tournament started and you could even win your foe a red or yellow card.

I don't know abot Rooney being thick but we all need to wise up if we're going to stop getting this nagging sinking feeling evey two years - cheats prosper at football.
Spot on.

Sadly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
_41836284_rooneystamp203.jpg

doesnt do his cause any good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here