Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney to Leave Man Utd

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
According to the Sunday Mirror..

Wayne Rooney will quit Manchester United in January after his war with Sir Alex Ferguson has gone beyond repair. Manchester City, Barcelona, and Real Madrid prepare for a sensational transfer swoop - World Exclusive - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Could he be our 20 a season striker? Plenty of old ladies in Brighton

United, who announced a profit of £40million following Ronaldo’s exit, lost £83.4million last year despite posting operating profits of more than £100million.

With total debts now spiralling towards £800million, ( SHIT THATS A LOT)the Florida-based Glazers accept that they must cash in on Rooney now.

Rooney wanted United to double his current £100,000-a-week basic salary before the row with Ferguson blew up.

Read more: Wayne Rooney will quit Manchester United in January after his war with Sir Alex Ferguson has gone beyond repair. Manchester City, Barcelona, and Real Madrid prepare for a sensational transfer swoop - World Exclusive - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Wanted to double his £100k a week salary - that is insane money. :nono:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Imagine him and his missus trying to make a go of it in Spain...they can barely speak English let alone Spanish :lolol:

It'll be the classic Brits abroad.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm watching Sunday Supplement, they showed similar stories on several papers, though one paper (star?) said he was definitely staying.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
he made an appearance yesterday and I think he has already gone

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The way he's playing they won't miss him either. Take the money would be my advice

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Think he'll be off to Real to rejoin the winker and see if their partnership can flourish once again

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i dont give a shit, totally overated now anyway

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
love the use of "exculsive" to run a story that is speculation and been voiced around the media for a couple of days. i wouldnt believe any of the details as the rumours themselves will precipitate the move happening. its fairly routine that when a player goes up against Fergie, or is seen to be, he's out.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Actually, I think Colleen is quite well spoken..........for a Scouser.

Agreed, a few years ago I saw a documentary about her and her family, she came across very well...certainly not the stereotypical dim airheaded WAG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here