Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good for him and good for England.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
According to Sky Sports news £29.85 million!

Once a blue always a blue, at least until someone offers a bit more cash!

Everton get £20 mill up front which should buy then a few half decent players, not all bad forEverton fans methinks.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Smith will be in good company with fellow Judas Rooney.

Two lads who geniunely loved their clubs only to jump ship when a fat wedge was waved in front of their noses.

'Furthering their careers', my arse. If they'd wanted to do that Rooney, especially, should have stayed for at least one more season.

Loyalty in football is well and truly dead. How could they join that bunch of :censored:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So let's just get this straight - you are offered a lot more money and the chance to further your career so what do you do ?

Turn it down:dunce:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i think leon showed great loyalty, staying with us over QPR offering more money and his family are QP fans apprently.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Beach Hut said:
So let's just get this straight - you are offered a lot more money and the chance to further your career so what do you do ?

Turn it down:dunce:

I think you know what I'm trying to say. The two players I referred to were the epitome of loyalty. Fans of other clubs respected them because they actually gave a shit about the team they represented.

If they weren't playing on the pitch they'd singing on the terraces.

It's a shame. Thought Smith and Rooney were a different breed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kent Seagull said:
Everton get £20 mill up front which should buy then a few half decent players, not all bad forEverton fans methinks.
Not till January though, which stuffs them right up. They've had a decent start, but the squad looks thin on quality and they could be in trouble by the time the transfer window comes round.

Rooney has left them in the shit somewhat. But what do I care ?

*shrugs shoulders nonchalently*

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
There I was, driving along, looking for some bears and wolves and listening to Moose 97.7FM, the station for the megatropolises of Haliburton, Bancroft and Wilberforce, Ontario, (total pop. about 4,000). Happy as a lark, really. When on comes the news and this Rooney business even makes it to the sports news in this isolated neck of the woods. Is it really that big a story?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This whole move has been orchestrated by Newcastle in collusion with Everton. Everton are desperate for the cash, desperate to sell Rooney, but they obviously don't want the fans knowing that. So Newcastle make a bid for Rooney which, if you think about it, makes absolutely no sense at all. They already have Shearer, Bellamy, Ameobi, and they've just brought in Kluivert. Yet they still make a bank-busting bid of £23m for a player they quite clearly don't really need. And despite having all summer, they decide to bid just a few days before the transfer window closes.

Man United are stirred into action cos they don't want to miss out on a player they have down as a long-term target. They'd probably have waited till January, or even next summer, but with Newcastle playing silly buggers, and an injury crisis not helping, they dive in with their £30m and bobs-yer-knob, Everton get their cash and can still plead "ohhh, we really really didn't want to sell him".

Newcastle have done Everton proud.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It makes me want to vomit when players such as Smith and Rooney claim to be fans of their original clubs and then sign for their most hated rivals. Of course United have the resources far beyond those of many other teams, but the hypocrisy of the players stinks.

No one objected to Bobby trying out his luck in the Prem with Spurs, but if it had been Palace he would have been a Judas in the eyes of the faithful, and this is how Smith and Rooney are seen, despite the spin put on their departures by the PR merchants.

I hope Rooney's knob falls off with the clap.:clap:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Easy 10 said:
..So Newcastle make a bid for Rooney which, if you think about it, makes absolutely no sense at all. They already have Shearer, Bellamy, Ameobi, and they've just brought in Kluivert. Yet they still make a bank-busting bid of £23m for a player they quite clearly don't really need. ...

Yet Man U have got Smith, Saha, Mr Ed, Bellion and Solksjaer (if he ever plays again). How are they going to accommodate Rooney as well.

He should have gone to Liverpool, that would really have pissed Everton off. :)

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
This whole move has been orchestrated by Newcastle in collusion with Everton. Everton are desperate for the cash, desperate to sell Rooney, but they obviously don't want the fans knowing that. So Newcastle make a bid for Rooney which, if you think about it, makes absolutely no sense at all. They already have Shearer, Bellamy, Ameobi, and they've just brought in Kluivert. Yet they still make a bank-busting bid of £23m for a player they quite clearly don't really need. And despite having all summer, they decide to bid just a few days before the transfer window closes.

Man United are stirred into action cos they don't want to miss out on a player they have down as a long-term target. They'd probably have waited till January, or even next summer, but with Newcastle playing silly buggers, and an injury crisis not helping, they dive in with their £30m and bobs-yer-knob, Everton get their cash and can still plead "ohhh, we really really didn't want to sell him".

Newcastle have done Everton proud.

But if that's the case, what did Newcastle get out of it?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Juan Albion said:
There I was, driving along, looking for some bears and wolves and listening to Moose 97.7FM, the station for the megatropolises of Haliburton, Bancroft and Wilberforce, Ontario, (total pop. about 4,000).

Did you drive thru Fenelon Falls on your wolf/bear mission?

I love that part of the world and it's far more interesting than the Wayne Whore-Rooney saturation in the media these last few weeks...

I hope the deal turns sour for both parties because I hate ManUre and have no time for Rooney who is so over-hyped it isn't even funny. I don't particularly like the Bluenoses much but good on them for squeezing all that dosh out of the Mancs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here