Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ronald goes to.....Arsenal (and sits right next to the Arsenal fans)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Am I a dino, or is it a little bit cringe when folk start goading opposition fans when a team scores ? Especially when the opposition fans ignore them.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Am I a dino, or is it a little bit cringe when folk start goading opposition fans when a team scores ? Especially when the opposition fans ignore them.
I did it when I was a young un and it’s the young uns doing it now.
Fifty somethings doing it makes me think “mmmmmm?” but hey, what can you do?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Having just watched MOTD a Leicester fan celebrating half naked, I’m sort of wondering if there should be a register for this type of thing. I’ve certainly never “got it”

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Having just watched MOTD a Leicester fan celebrating half naked, I’m sort of wondering if there should be a register for this type of thing. I’ve certainly never “got it”
Certainly after October. I think it may come from the East European Alpha Ultras who insist on doing it in mid-winter. They call it macho, we call it, well, a bit weird.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I hate it. Home or away I've never once considered being obsessed by the opposition fans when we score. Nothing more moronic.

I was outside my usual spec and in the wsl on Tuesday not far from Crawley fans and it was grim. Surrounded by lynx Africa soaked inbetweeners who spent the entire game screaming witless insults and demosntrating awkward looking masturbation techniques at their counterparts from half an hours drive away.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

We went to Arsenal away last season, many of their fans (including some young indocrinated ones) are very thuggy and are looking to incite something at any opportunity..…every moment is a chance to kick off against the away fans, rather than supporting their own team having scored or done something well….Its quite sad really that this sort of brain dead behaviour hasn’t left the game yet..…One of the reasons I don’t do many away games..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We went to Arsenal away last season, many of their fans (including some young indocrinated ones) are very thuggy and are looking to incite something at any opportunity..…every moment is a chance to kick off against the away fans, rather than supporting their own team having scored or done something well….Its quite sad really that this sort of brain dead behaviour hasn’t left the game yet..…One of the reasons I don’t do many away games..
Strange. I find Arsenal away the absolute opposite. Probably the least intimidating away day in the country.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
I did it when I was a young un and it’s the young uns doing it now.
Fifty somethings doing it makes me think “mmmmmm?” but hey, what can you do?
All part of football supporters’ rich tapestry of being at the game. In my yoof it was bog roll streamers and bobble hats - and not a replica shirt in sight. :drink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was good fun yesterday (to our left)…….lots of toing and froing with the Arsenal fans, virtually all good-natured. They put some extra police in the divide during the first half but they spent most of the time laughing

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It was good fun yesterday (to our left)…….lots of toing and froing with the Arsenal fans, virtually all good-natured. They put some extra police in the divide during the first half but they spent most of the time laughing
Sounds much better…I was getting a bit sick and tired of the ”you gay bastards” and the wanker gestures last year…particularly from a young boy who looked no older than ten and his father who both looked like they belonged in Tommy Robinsons support entourage…

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyone buying an Arsenal season ticket right next to the away fans knows what they are doing.All of that stuff is completely fair game.

Loved the video. Pretty good atmosphere in the away yesterday and lost property everywhere when we scored.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I didn’t say I felt it was intimidating? Just said it was sad to see them facing us and trying to kick something off at every juncture like little thugs…:shrug:
Derby was one of the worst places for me, especially during the playoff game, where young thugs were trying to kick off against a pensioner. Me! One kiddy in particular didn’t see a minute of the game, he was so busy frothing at the mouth across the divide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here