Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rochdale fan - great game!

rdale15

Apr 1, 2011
im back ladies and gens!
saturday? fantastic game of ball to be witnessed by both sets of fans, and i dont think anyone will disagree a draw was a fair result. unfortunatley, i think the referee did spoil the game in a certain sence but these things happen. i also dont think, any BHA fans will disagree that there was a blatant penalty incident in the second half, regarding your centre half/right back. but once again, these things happen...

glenn murray? any rochdale fan can call him a cheating diving so and so, but in my eyes, it was one of the most smartest cunning incidents from a striker to see spotland this season. he knew exactly were dawson was, and took a risk. it obviously payed off! and ill say this and i will say it again, he did what he had to do for his CURRENT CLUB.

the atmosphere was all good, and the football equalled that. i a dore the way you play the game, reminds me of rochdale last season in league two. very slick, fast football. starting from the back! hopefully we will be seeing you next season, but if not i hope the best for you!

p.s your keeper is an arrogant w@nker! :thumbsup:

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Agree with that, apart from the last bit. Best game of football I've seen in a long long time, we were on top first half and probably could have had the game sewn up (Wood blew a simple one on one and a free header, and we had 2 cleared off the line). Penalties - not convinced to be honest, was definitely a handball by Elphick though. You came back in the second half though so we can't be unhappy with a point.

Didn't notice Ankergreen (our 'wanker' keeper) have a lot to do though, certainly not enough to justify him being called an arrogant wanker, which rather spoiled your post. He made a big point of signings lots of autographs for kids afterwards, fair play to him.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Didn't notice Ankergreen (our 'wanker' keeper) have a lot to do though, certainly not enough to justify him being called an arrogant wanker, which rather spoiled your post. He made a big point of signings lots of autographs for kids afterwards, fair play to him.

Casper was giving it large to the Rochdale fans behind the goal, by giving them waves and blowing kisses. I found it quite hilarious, he is definitely not an arrogant wanker though.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Casper was giving it large to the Rochdale fans behind the goal, by giving them waves and blowing kisses. I found it quite hilarious, he is definitely not an arrogant wanker though.

aha, missed that. he is quite cocky as far as keepers come, but I think you need to be to make a good goalie. And in fairness to him, what a save with that one pushed onto the bar!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
i also dont think, any BHA fans will disagree that there was a blatant penalty incident in the second half, regarding your centre half/right back. but once again, these things happen...

I'm a BHA fan and I'll disgree. It hit him on the inside of his knee, granted his hand was down there but it didn't touch it.

It was about the only thing the referee got right all afternoon and I include both penalties that were given in that statement.

Other than that I agree with everything else you say, was a great game. We should have been 2 or 3 up after 20 minutes. You got a goal against the run of play but then we were very lucky with the penalty. Second half you were the better side and more than deserved a draw out of the game.

All the best for the rest of the season, would be brilliant if you could get back to back promotions.....plus it would mean SCC or Hudds or Bournemouth or Franchise or Peterborough miss out!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blimey Arthur, you are the only person on either side I've heard from who didn't see Elphick handle the ball. We were bricking it where I was standing, as it was one of the most obvious handling offences you'll see, it's not like he could even use the excuse it was from point blank range. I try not to let my blue tinted spectacles interfere with my judgement where refereeing decisions are concerned, and I'm certainly not going to on this one.

My initial reaction from the Murray penalty incident was that the defender hadn't touched him, but it's one of those ones that the striker only needs half a touch to go down, and you scream for them if it's your team, and rant for England if it's you defending. I've heard a few Dale fans complaining that they should have had another penalty too, but if it refers to the wrestling match in the six yard box between two players, they were both as bad as each other, and the ref knew it, so that wasn't one for my money.

Still slightly frustrated about Kishishev's tackle to concede the official penalty, as it was completely unnecessary given that the striker had two defenders behind him. But hey, I agree it's a fair result, and was a great game of football to watch, in a good atmosphere, nice tidy ground...all in all, I enjoyed my trip to Rochdale somewhat more than I was expecting to.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Blimey Arthur, you are the only person on either side I've heard from who didn't see Elphick handle the ball.

He did handle it and Gus mentioned it in his interview.

Don't know how Poyet or the Rochdale fans could see it to be honest. I had a perfect view of it as I was a close as you could go up that end at pitch level and to me it looked like it hit him on the inside of the knee. Which was the opinion of all those around me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Must have been your block then, we were about on the half way line, and it was perfectly obvious. Be interesting to see it on TV.

Even the most one-eyed Albion fan I know conceded Elphick blatantly handled it (and he NEVER admits the Albion have done wrong, ever), although he did try and use the defence that it was ball-to-hand, not hand-to-ball :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm a BHA fan and I'll disgree. It hit him on the inside of his knee, granted his hand was down there but it didn't touch it.
I clearly saw the ball hit Elf's hand and only realised I didn't have my glasses on until the full time whistle went.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Not handball for me either! We were sat right in the bottom corner, pitch level and were probably closer and had the most side on view out of anyone. When the ball hit Elphick and Rochdale appealed, most people around me laughed! Was very surprised in the pub afterwards how the Dale fans were convinced it was handball.

Being there also gave us a fine view of our penalty. Appalling decision which I think he knew he got wrong, Rochdale players knew they only had to go down with minimal contact and they'd get one back. The ref couldn't WAIT to give it!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You do know that he was spat on by Dale fans?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
after the game Casper came over to sign autographs and then had a short chat with some guys who were speaking to him in Danish.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Rochdale fan comes on here and gives a fair assessment of the game and still gets a few unsporting comments. NSC - for the second time this week, please PLEASE grow up.

Domsdad

brother of Patch
Sep 24, 2003
Its grim up north
Before yesterday I've always been happy to say that Rochdale is my favourite away venue because the home fans have always been good news. Yesterday was no disappointment. In the pub before the match their fans were up to expected standard and then the match itself was really good.
Still happy to say its my favourite away venue. Good luck to them - surely the most deserving fans (bar us) in the country.

Before yesterday I've always been happy to say that Rochdale is my favourite away venue because the home fans have always been good news. Yesterday was no disappointment. In the pub before the match their fans were up to expected standard and then the match itself was really good.
Still happy to say its my favourite away venue. Good luck to them - surely the most deserving fans (bar us) in the country.

Fuc k `em.The dirty nothern slags.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
All the Dale fans I met were great company.

I like them. It would be so easy for them all to support United or even City, but they follow their proper local team, historically one of the least successful in the entire Football League. That takes dedication, I admire that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here