Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinson stays at Aldershot till end of season

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
http://www.camberley.co.uk/story.asp?intid=2475&txtpaper=aldershot

JAKE Robinson has given Aldershot Town fans a boost for the remainder of the season after signing an extension to his loan spell from Brighton.

Robinson, who has bagged four goals in seven games for the Shots, put pen to paper on Monday and will now stay on the Rec until the end of the Play-Off campaign.

Brighton, however, do have a 24-hour call-back policy which takes Robinson away from the Rec whenever the Seagulls need him.

Boss Terry Brown said: "It's good news, although the call-back is a slight concern for us. I was kind of hoping Brighton would have more points in the bag."

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I was annoyed till I saw the callback clause.

He's only there for first team football, there is no need to loan him out all season. At least we can draft him back in should we need to mix things up upfront.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Boss Terry Brown said: "It's good news, although the call-back is a slight concern for us. I was kind of hoping Brighton would have more points in the bag."

Us too mate

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Bad idea, we need all the help we can get. After all, if the worst comes to the worst and we do go down I'd be happier if we had potential in an ex Championship player than an ex Conference player.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Unlikely, but if we're safe with a couple of matches to spare McGhee said that he would give Jones and Watson a chance. It would be good if he could also exercise this "call back" policy and give Jake a start.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We should have him on our bench, IMHO...

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
king Wombat said:

I don't get that bit. I'd have thought that if we had more points we'd be more likely to call him back to give him a few games. It's because we aren't safe that he's less likely to get a game.

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
perth seagull said:
Unlikely, but if we're safe with a couple of matches to spare McGhee said that he would give Jones and Watson a chance. It would be good if he could also exercise this "call back" policy and give Jake a start.
Jones and watson:shootself thats not our future,molango,jarrett,jakey etc,thats who we need to get going.:drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here