Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinson Scores- Remember This Day

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just on as a sub. Got played through, one on one with the keeper and slotted it home.

Thats what I could make out from my brother at the game on the phone.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Ned said every player was trying to feed him the ball to get a goal once he was on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A wayward defensive header let Jones in down the left. Jones rolled it to his right into Jakes path, and he buried it from 6 yards. A simple goal, taken very confidently by Robinson.

Jake looked excellent for the half-hour or so he was on. Confident on the ball, and he was making some intelligent, well-timed runs between the defenders. Good touch as well.

Impressive. Very impressive.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dunkstar said:
Not to knock him but let's not forget this was FGR!Don't expect too much too soon!!!

He came on for 20 mins in extra time against Middlesbrough and didn't look out of place then

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Did very well. Good control, quick, and timed some good runs through. Same sort of buiild as Leon, so bound to be a bit lacking against stronger defenders until he bulks up a bit.

Agree though that it was only FGR... but could be a good player a couple of years down the line, and a useful sub before that.

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
I can't comment as i wasn't there on that occasion but i was there tonight and i have to say he is going to have the same problems as Leon knight i.e lack of height+strength!The boy did well but let's not put too much pressure on which may force him to look elsewhere!

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
trueblue said:
Did very well. Good control, quick, and timed some good runs through. Same sort of buiild as Leon, so bound to be a bit lacking against stronger defenders until he bulks up a bit.

Agree though that it was only FGR... but could be a good player a couple of years down the line, and a useful sub before that.

Entirely agree!:clap2:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Oh... ps - he was beaming at the end, not surprisingly. Seeing his face as he went off was the highlight of an otherwise predictably fairly dull evening. Had that pre-season friendly feel - but another win, another clean sheet and several home-grown players who actually look like useful pros.... a good night overall!!

:clap2:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Good start from him - similar to Leon, small, sharp, and quick.

I would still like to see a bigger centre forward brought in for extra cover (as I'm not convinced McPhee will score that many), but Jake certainly looks to have a decent future.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah, no need to go overboard on the fella, but its encouraging to see such a confident youngster in the stripes. He couldn't have done much more than he did after coming on, and looked like he really enjoyed it.

As for the same "problems" as Leon Knight with a lack of height and strength...if Leon Knights got problems, he'll be a hell of a striker once he sorts them out.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Fantastic history tonight Brighton's youngest ever player to score!! I was listening to Harty on the way home and they interviewed Jake he sounds like he is staying!! I know we are all worried that another club could come in for him. He played well tonight impressed me.

bhanuts

Jul 5, 2003
Leave the kid alone, the wayh you lot are talking he is going to be playing for England, A bit of realism required I think!

Dunkstar

Jul 6, 2003
Up a Hill
You cannot deny that Leon is forced to dive though because otherwise he is muscled off the ball and we don't get anything so he dives.
Agree with southstandandy we need a taller more powerful forward as i feel Mcphee is only really (at the moment) sub quality,and is not good enough YET to start up front for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here