Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robinson penalty

johnwells

Jan 6, 2005
What about the tackle on robinson,it was right in line with me,begs 2questions

A) Why ,by not giving it,did he decide Robbo dived, if soo whay wasnt he booked.

B) What part of the anatomy are you meant to play, the guy got nowhere near the ball a clear penalty

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Am I right in saying that we have conceded a penalty in six consecutive games, if so, is this a record?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Gully said:
Am I right in saying that we have conceded a penalty in six consecutive games, if so, is this a record?

Don't think you're right. We didn't concede one against Reading - just got done instead by a goal that should have been disallowed for handball.

It was a tackle from behind that took both ball and Robinson's legs, I always thought they were illegal. Maybe not - you learn something every day. :glare:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
thanks trueblue, happy to be proved wrong!!!

How can he get away with saying something like that? If he was accusing Jake of diving, why didn't he do his job and card him? Gigantic cop out. Perhaps this is a ref who has no real confidence in his own decisions? And admittedly, why should he be different from everyone there that day in having no confidence in them.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
johnwells said:
What about the tackle on robinson,it was right in line with me,begs 2questions

A) Why ,by not giving it,did he decide Robbo dived, if soo whay wasnt he booked.

On MoTD, they showed a game where the exact same incident happened but my memory fails me re teams. The player super-dived, outraged that ref didn't give a pen. Why wasn't he booked for diving??? They really need to sort it out.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
It was a tackle from behind that took both ball and Robinson's legs,

That's exactly what Jake said at the dinner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here