Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roberts: There's life after Zamora

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Roberts: There's life after Zamora

New signing Ben Roberts believes Brighton will cope with the loss of star striker Bobby Zamora.
The 28-year-old goalkeeper, who has just signed a two-year deal with the Seagulls, also revealed he had never thought about going anywhere else.

"I wouldn't have come to Brighton if I didn't feel they could mount a challenge. Obviously we're all disappointed Bobby has gone but we can overcome that and I'm sure there'll be some new faces before the start of the season."

Roberts had a three-match loan spell with Albion last season and told the club's official website: "It was always my intention that I wanted to come back to Brighton after spending time on loan here last season and once the manager got in touch I was delighted."

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
life does indeed go on, as harty says we are the lifers ,players and managers come and go. Same at palace, same everywhere!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Wozza predicted that someone would claim that he wasn't the new Zamora.

We forgot that someone would say life would go on after Zamora.

midlandseagull

Jul 7, 2003
bewdley
got it wrong then.....roberts beat cullip to it!

Perhaps he's too busy sorting out a move to speak to the press right now! (now how's that for a bit of scurrilous rumour mongering!!!!!) LOL:dunce:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
midlandseagull said:
got it wrong then.....roberts beat cullip to it!

Perhaps he's too busy sorting out a move to speak to the press right now! (now how's that for a bit of scurrilous rumour mongering!!!!!) LOL:dunce:

Well he didn't play on Saturday and Charlie Oatway was captain

*now ducks whilst everybody panics*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here