Good Luck to him :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good luck, hope it works out OK

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
he was never as good as kuipers though was he:)

good luck ben:clap: :clap:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good luck coco :clap:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Good luck Ben!
Has taken the insurance so won't play league football - could be a great signing for a non-league club.
IMO the best all-round keeper we've had in the past 40 years. Not as spectacular as Michel but better positionally. Not as strong as Beeney but more naturally athletic.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
so i take it once u have taken an insurance payout u cant play pro football again?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Good luck Ben!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having taken the insurance could he not sign for a pro club eg us. on non contract terms or is he not permitted to play in the Football League.

We could then sell one of our keepers and use him as a substitute if needed

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Stevie_boy said:
so i take it once u have taken an insurance payout u cant play pro football again?

I believe you can if you pay it back, although I'm not sure anyone's actually done that.

I seem to recall Mike Marsh and David Norton having to move clubs after winning the conference with their then-current ones a while ago, as they similarly couldn't play League football again.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Repugnant Toad said:
I believe you can if you pay it back, although I'm not sure anyone's actually done that.

I seem to recall Mike Marsh and David Norton having to move clubs after winning the conference with their then-current ones a while ago, as they similarly couldn't play League football again.

The same happened to Mark Lawrenson as he played for a team in Malta and Tampa Bay Rowdies after he left Liverpool and eventually he finished up playing for Chesham Utd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to him must have been gutting to be forced to quit league football, definitely our No 1 keeper when here and fit and I say that as a big Kuiper's fan.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here