Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robert Pires

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Free agent at the moment, says if he doesn't find a new club in the next few weeks he'll retire.

Could be a great signing for us if only as an experienced face in the dressing room. Plus if he shows any of the form he did for Arsenal he'll be unplayable. Could also influence more class players like Vicente to sign for us.

Thoughts? Worth a gamble?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yep, he's exactly what we need. We deffinitely need to slow the game down a bit more, it certainly hasn't been our biggest problem over the last few games. :thumbsup:

Let's completely revamp our midfield, forget Liam Bridcutt, let's have Pires and that quality box-to-box midfielder Dan Gosling in there. That'll solve all our problems.

Maybe sign Matt Wicks to shore up our defence aswell? Mark Walton in goal perhaps?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Free agent at the moment, says if he doesn't find a new club in the next few weeks he'll retire.

Could be a great signing for us if only as an experienced face in the dressing room. Plus if he shows any of the form he did for Arsenal he'll be unplayable. Could also influence more class players like Vicente to sign for us.

Thoughts? Worth a gamble?

Are you ill? :facepalm:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I have a chocolate fireguard for sale on Ebay if anyone is interested.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"Sign me up or I'll retire" players are not what we are looking for these days, I'd rather ask Robbie Savage to make a comeback for us :lolol:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Pires although was once a great player is no longer capable of doing a job in the top 2 divisions. Would suit someone like Crawley

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
a winger , who dives around and is past his sell by date .

no thank you , next ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes he could but not on the field as a player. He is well past his sell by date and should like to a final pay day in USA, Saudi or similar or Far East

Firstly, happy birthday BG.

Secondly, I was taking the piss.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Hahaha, no. Played for the Villa thanks to Houllier last season and what a waste of about 1.7mil that was. Legs gone, slow as molasses in January. Not even worth the gamble :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here