Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage on strictly

boys29

Banned
Dec 30, 2009
Got to say Robbie Savage has had me in stitches on this show and the more i see him the more i like him , not sure about the kiss he gave to Russell Grant and then Grant saying " im just so glad Robbie got the high marks he did " ? :whistle: ?

Lush

Mods' Pet
He went up in my estimation when I saw him queueing for a pie in the West Stand Lower.

This is not a euphemism.

On that note, did anyone see Fry's Planet Word on swearing last night? TV that was both informative and entertaining.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
He is a complete shit who never ceases to boast about his material wealth online, and his 'punditry' on both television and the wireless is excruciating. He is a halfwit who has never had an independent thought in his funboy head.

He is also the current master of the old "Not being funny mate, but what level of the game did you play at?" ploy when any caller has the temerity to contradict his opinions on football.

A turd

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He has a truely remarkable head of hair. It is just not right for one peron to have so much hair. Life is so cruel sometimes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He is a complete shit who never ceases to boast about his material wealth online, and his 'punditry' on both television and the wireless is excruciating. He is a halfwit who has never had an independent thought in his funboy head.

He is also the current master of the old "Not being funny mate, but what level of the game did you play at?" ploy when any caller has the temerity to contradict his opinions on football.

A turd
I wouldn't rush to disagree with most of your analysis, but I nevertheless find him interesting to listen to. He comes up with some proper stupid ideas and then defends them to the hilt in spite of the mountain of evidence and public opinion against him. And he's not aggressive which I quite like. So the bits I disagree with are that I don't think he boasts about his wealth and I wouldn't consider him a turd - the rest of your post I like. :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Really likeable guy despite being everybody's favourite football pantomime villain after Craig Bellamy. Does Robbie qualify for BBC Sports Personality Of The Year? If so, reckon he'd romp it. IMHO first time he appears on that list, go LARGE :thumbsup:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Achieved a lot with the limited ability he had. No-one can ask for more.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think all the bling bling money talk shows his deep rooted insecurities, he's not a confident guy.

I met him at a club in manchester after the Leeds game when he was playing for Brighton. Bit of a joker and was taking the Mick out of the team but seemed like a nice bloke.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For all who haven't had a go at ballroom/Latin, it is bloody difficult to get right, and even so having 8million people looking and criticising your every move. I am in awe of his effort on Saturday. Itbwas exceptional and there were some incredibly technical things they did.

Good on him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I just hope that the fat mincing bore, Russel Grant gets voted off quickly.

You can already see who will be the last three

Jason Donovan
Holly valance
Harry from that Sussex band

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
His problem was being put on 606 and being told "Go and be a bit edgy-controversial Robbie" which doesn't suit many people, and certainly not him imho.

But then 606 would only work if Alan Green was sent to broadcast it from the BB House and they simply turned off the electricity for 3 months. Two birds, one stone.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Thats what most people hoped with Ann Widdecombe last year and look what happened.

The Great British Public do enjoy watching car-crash-television; keep on voting for a crap contestant to watch them continue to make a complete arse of themselves, and to annoy the judges who think that said contestant should have gone home weeks ago. People power - it's great.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haven't seen the episode from this week but rather happy to hear the hideous old crone Edwina Currie got booted off. She was utterly cringeworthy during the bits I did see. I don't know if the BBC were hoping for another Widdecombe-style cult status to develop, but she was just deeply unlikeable (Widdecombe's slightly mad persona did her a favour, which was never likely with Currie), and her claims of being a "cougar" as far as her dance partner is concerned made me feel ever so slightly sick.

If they could just get rid of the horrific Russell Grant now, and perhaps pension off Forsyth, I might watch it again.

Haven't seen the episode from this week but rather happy to hear the hideous old crone Edwina Currie got booted off. She was utterly cringeworthy during the bits I did see. I don't know if the BBC were hoping for another Widdecombe-style cult status to develop, but she was just deeply unlikeable (Widdecombe's slightly mad persona did her a favour, which was never likely with Currie), and her claims of being a "cougar" as far as her dance partner is concerned made me feel ever so slightly sick.

If they could just get rid of the horrific Russell Grant now, and perhaps pension off Forsyth, I might watch it again.

Every time I saw her lustful looks at her dance partner it conjured up visions of the same look in her eyes when staring at John Major in his y-fronts - the stuff of nightmares.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Every time I saw her lustful looks at her dance partner it conjured up visions of the same look in her eyes when staring at John Major in his y-fronts - the stuff of nightmares.

Jesus it was just unbearably bad. I was embarrassed for her. She made out it was all a big joke and yet...I bet secretly there was a small part of her that actually fancied her chances with him :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here