Awesome,roasted. :thumbsup: :wave:

Attachments

• roast-parsnip.gif
    roast-parsnip.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 163

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love them, the major problem being that if you buy them in a supermarket they tend to be so small and thin that when peeled there isnt much left to roast.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Never liked them, espcially don't like it when people cook them with the potatos, they make the roasties taste bitter and reek and they hide them amongst the spuds. Bleaauraareeeuaaaiiieeeouuuaaauurrrggghhh.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, roast some parsnip, carrot and sweet potato in olive oil and honey then serve with parmesan and rosemary risotto for a wonderful vegetarian dinner!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I never used to but i quite enjoy them now. Sweet potatoes on the other hand, even the concept is shit? Why the f*** would you want potatoes to be sweet? :nono:

Just like the way that many other fruit and veg have different varieties with wildly contrasting appearances, flavours and textures...each one can be prepared and cooked in many ways depending on the recipie used or desired result.

Roast sweet potatoes go very well with jerk chicken, rice and peas...to provide a sweet and chewy contrast to the feiry heat of the chicken.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
love 'em, along with Sweet Potatoe.

Sweet potatoes on the other hand, even the concept is shit? Why the f*** would you want potatoes to be sweet? :nono:

its just a name, call them Yams if it helps (though they arent actually the same as proper Yams).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I can never decide if parsnips are the king of vegetables or if it's sprouts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here