Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Road to World Cup 2026 - Official Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fine, I'll get it going then.

Interim England Manager Lee Carsley names his England Squad for the 2 Nations League games against Republic of Ireland and Finland today.

Squad here;

1724936535114.png

I'm curious if anyone here is planning on attending any of this appropriately SUPER SIZE World Cup - 4 games a day for a long time, 72 group games I think it is?

What will be different from Southgate's reign? What do you want to see happen?

Looks like Ben White's exile continues to be self-imposed, even with Steve Holland out of the picture.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
WHO is Angel Gomes?

Otherwise it's a fairly safe squad. I like the defensive options.

And today is when I discovered Noni Madueke is English.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
WHO is Angel Gomes?
Him and Maguire won a competition to get to the squad
And today is when I discovered Noni Madueke is English.
Heard him interviewed on MOTD last week and was very surprised when he started speaking and sounded like he could be a newsreader, I had assumed he was French / African, so I guess there's a lesson for me there!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Angel Gomes

Who was the first player born in 2000 to play in the Premier League?

Angel Gomes - Wikipedia

Joining Manchester United at the age of six, Gomes made his first-team debut for the English club in May 2017 and became the first player born in the 2000s to appear in the Premier League.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And OP, if we have Nations League games, why are you referencing the world cup? A little odd? It's a completely separate competition?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
England fixtures for the rest of 2024;

1724937161311.png

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And OP, if we have Nations League games, why are you referencing the world cup? A little odd? It's a completely separate competition?
It is the beginning of the road to the World Cup ultimately - you are (of course) aware of how Nations League performance can affect World Cup qualification, so no, they aren't completely separate competitions.

I was intending this as the main thread for England games/chat between now and World Cup 26. Makes sense to keep it all in one place.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Fine, I'll get it going then.

Interim England Manager Lee Carsley names his England Squad for the 2 Nations League games against Republic of Ireland and Finland today.

Squad here;

View attachment 188074

I'm curious if anyone here is planning on attending any of this appropriately SUPER SIZE World Cup - 4 games a day for a long time, 72 group games I think it is?

What will be different from Southgate's reign? What do you want to see happen?

Looks like Ben White's exile continues to be self-imposed, even with Steve Holland out of the picture.
Yes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn’t even know we were playing.

(Just wanted to be first on the thread)
Oh good idea.

Hang on;

boring
overpaid
talentless cloggers
don't care
waistcoat wanker - oh hang on.

Tracksuit tosser?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Yes. Yes I am. I'm thinking I'll do a roadtrip to some of the East Coast venues.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Yep, we have potential places to stay with family in Michigan, San Fran, Houston or Phoenix, I would like to potentially take in a game in Vancouver, Santa Clara in San Fran and would love to do Monterrey, that would be epic but think Monterrey might be a touch to far.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
King Potter will have the easiest of lifes getting you to the World Cup.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We've wasted the Nations league. It was an opportunity to pit ourselves against teams of our level so we don't get beat against the first ones we play against in a major competition which always used to be the issue. If we'd have won a Nations league it would have taken the monkey off our back regarding 66. Instead we failed to take it seriously and now have 6 largely meaningless games.

Livramento and Gomes being English is a revelation for me. Maguire won't get another game for a while for Man Utd after Saturday. Perplexing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here