Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rivals

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The new rivalry to end all rivalrys will be Crawley.
It's currently brewing & may take time to reach the boil but in a few years time we will be saying Pompey who & Palace so yesterday!
The battlefield of Haywards Heath will be legendary!

I think you could be correct, given time, although they may struggle for numbers as historically Sussex is ours on football terms.

The Scummers should be a bigger rivalry. Over the last 35 years they have outperformed us, but it should be remembered that the population of Brighton and Hove is bigger than that of Southampton, and Portsmouth. Maybe this will be reflected in attendances now we have The Amex.

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Right so WE want to pick fights/rivalries (and Im speaking geographically here so Cardiff and Chesterfield and Reading are OUT and they have their own rivalries anyway) with teams who have other rivals. Great :facepalm:

Saints have Pompey and vice versa and so they f***ing should BEING RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER AND ROYAL/MERCHANT NAVY JUST SPELLING IT OUT FOR YOU IS THAT OK.

No one gives a f*** about Bmth tho they dont like Stains.

Im sure Watford have something to say about Luton and Millwall WHU

So that leaves non descript Charlton or those ***** up the road. So I vote for the ***** up the road even tho its fairly new. And those ***** are Palace NOT Crawley who will no doubt disappear from where they came soon.

As for Orient and other noddy sides not on your life.

As Sim said whats the point in having a "we dont care about you rivalry"

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
Right so WE want to pick fights/rivalries (and Im speaking geographically here so Cardiff and Chesterfield and Reading are OUT and they have their own rivalries anyway) with teams who have other rivals. Great :facepalm:

Saints have Pompey and vice versa and so they f***ing should BEING RIGHT NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER AND ROYAL/MERCHANT NAVY JUST SPELLING IT OUT FOR YOU IS THAT OK.

No one gives a f*** about Bmth tho they dont like Stains.

Im sure Watford have something to say about Luton and Millwall WHU

So that leaves non descript Charlton or those ***** up the road. So I vote for the ***** up the road even tho its fairly new. And those ***** are Palace NOT Crawley who will no doubt disappear from where they came soon.

As for Orient and other noddy sides not on your life.

As Sim said whats the point in having a "we dont care about you rivalry"

Should I be flattered ? ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Should I be flattered ? ???

To me personally and my chums its always been palace but some people are determined to stick their oar in and say oh but back before most of you went it was pompey. Was it? REALLY? Soton were still going strong and certainly hadnt moved geographically from RIGHT NEXT DOOR the MERCHANT AND ROYAL NAVY STILL OPERATE FROM THOSE PORTS. Bournemouth? REALLY? Bournemouth who are EVEN FURTHER AWAY and seem to dislike Soton.

So its Palace.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Sorry I haven't had NSC for ten years. I must be so new to being a Brighton fan. I never went to the Goldstone or the Withdean. I literally just started supporting Brighton when we played Liverpool. Idiot.

I really wish people would get over this 'real fan mentality.' I could easily list the numerous treks I have made to games but I don't feel the need to harp on about how I like Brighton more than you or how long I have supported the club. I simply asked people for an opinion on who they consider to be a rival. Not spout out how they are a better fan than me because they have had a NSC account for ten years.

I am not questioning your support, you stated unless you live under a rock yet claim to support Albion we all know Palace are our biggest rivals. I merely stated that I think because possibly of your youth you are wrong. Palace is a recent rivalry as stated by many older members on this thread and Portsmouth are historically our biggest rivals.

I am not questioning your support, you stated unless you live under a rock yet claim to support Albion we all know Palace are our biggest rivals. I merely stated that I think because possibly of your youth you are wrong. Palace is a recent rivalry as stated by many older members on this thread and Portsmouth are historically our biggest rivals.

when did the pompey rival thing come in?

I bow down to your greater knowledge! 1968 was a bit before my time.I do seem to remember them coming to the Goldstone in the 70's and being total arseholes.Some things never change.

One damper on the season was the first real aggro seen at the goldstone as the hooligans reign of terror began in earnest.
The clashes with luton town were particulary notorious with bottles and bovver boots flying in the north stand,The return march at kenilworth road was marred by albion yobs damaging turnstiles spraying paint fighting on the terraces and throwing smoke bombs They even tried to overturn malcolm macdonalds car with the centre forward and his baby inside. 69/70???

late 40s /early 50s when portsmouth were one of the top teams in the country and we were just a iii div south side. This continued through the 60s until palace suddenly appeared on the scene and were enraged by mullery.

The palace thing started before mullers at the bridge, 73 pre season friendly! How could we have a rival with a team way out of our league(pompey):glare:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You have answered yourself we would never play a pre season friendly against our most bitter rivals, OB wouldn't allow it. Portsmouth started going down mid 50s when we were beginning to get noticed and we then got promotion to Div 2.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Crawley Town should be our main rivals just due to location. But I actually have a little bit of love for Crawley and am keen to see them achieve

TigheRade

Feb 3, 2012

True that my youth does not take into account the Portsmouth rivalry. I have only ever seen them as a rival due to being a south coast side. The rivalry certainly has not been helped by the lack of times we have played them in recent years and also ever since I started to attend Albion games it has very much always been anti-Palace songs and no one else.

I am glad there seems to be a bit more of a disliking between us and Southampton now, as it certainly generates a better atmosphere. Hopefully the upcoming Portsmouth game will renew some of the old feelings between the sides and give us another game with that sort of atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here