Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rivals

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Portsmouth is our other traditional rival.

No-one else really.

Chesterfield and Hereford still hate us.

TigheRade

Feb 3, 2012
Most of our rivals seem to base on where we are in the football league and how we are playing at that time i.e Chesterfield/Hereford, but I personally hope the Southampton one stays, not only close but it seems to have a real bite to it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Portsmouth.

Off the top of my head, at different points in time, we've had a mutual rivalry with Reading, Luton, Bournmouth, Orient and probably one or two others, like Southampton.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Portsmouth have always been our rivals, Palace is just a fairly recent made up one by people like TigheRade who have only been going 5 minutes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Portsmouth have always been our rivals, Palace is just a fairly recent made up one by people like TigheRade who have only been going 5 minutes.

Agreed. Palace is a rivalry for the JCLs. Historically it was always Pompey....

...waits...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It was Pompey before Palace in the 70s, although where is the fun in an unrequited rivalry? We are only a distraction to Portsmouth who have always looked towards Southampton for rivalry.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
1,Palace
2,Pompey

The rest are just temporary rivalries ie in recent years CHesterfield , Cardiff , Saints , Reading. . . these all pass but 1 + 2 will always remain

So because he joined this forum recently you assume he's a jcl? I know TigheRade and I can assure you he has been going bha for a long time but never used NSC till now, so let's not go making assumptions here!

On the subject of rivals, palace always be there but my dislike for saints is ever growing due to the amount of arrogant ones I have to share my life with in southampton!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

WTF recent, made up, you having a laugh do you even know our history its why we known as seagulls today.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
We had a little spat with Leyton Orient for a few season, and I remeber one year back in the Goldstone days having a massive things with Fulham home and Away, it was mental fists and allsort flying outside hove train satation and we went up there to the Firkin and Whatever it was pub got smashed to peices

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Palarse and Pompey.

There will always be other mini-rivalies based on a given season (like Orient or Southampton) but that's all they are.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Luton, Bournemouth, Orient

[MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] :lol:

860125-noddy-club-enamel-badge-1962.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here