Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Risking it all

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Anyone see this last night, featuring two blokes from Burgess Hill trying to open a trendy bar in the middle of the town.

Ignored most of the advice from the 'style-guru' hosting the show and seemed to spend all the time hovering on the brink of bankruptcy as a result.

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hiney said:
Anyone see this last night, featuring two blokes from Burgess Hill trying to open a trendy bar in the middle of the town.

Ignored most of the advice from the 'style-guru' hosting the show and seemed to spend all the time hovering on the brink of bankruptcy as a result.

yeah saw that, was a good program I thought. Those 2 guys didnt have a bloody clue did they. I wanna know where they got half a mill from to open a bar that was never gonna work and having no prev bar experience (except for a couple of shifts) or experience of running a business. They didnt even know what was in a bloody mary

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Which bar was it?? must have given them good advertising

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
What a couple of planks. The business guru fella gave them an idea that packed out their bar for a Friday night and made them a stack of cash. The idiots decided they didn't like it so went back to normal and the next week were practically empty. Deserve to go bust if they're that dumb.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Paul the one that didnt Say " im not in this for money " is a friend of mine, he would never say that ! ....they got most of the money from re-mortgaging there homes that they had bought some time ago and had made a tidy profit on as it were.

Its actually doing ok, everytime i go past its always reasonably busy. And ive always had a good night in there when i have been in.

I was however suprised about there lack of knowledge of the trade, i thought they had more, obviously from the other side of the bar :lolol:

Last edited:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I've only ever been there once. To far away from the rest of the bars along with that other small bar along there. It's never going to make much money in that location.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Marshy said:
Paul the one that didnt Say " im not in this for money " is a friend of mine, he would never say that ! ....they got most of the money from re-mortgaging there homes that they had bought some time ago and had made a tidy profit on as it were.

Its actually doing ok, everytime i go past its always reasonably busy. And ive always had a good night in there when i have been in.

I was however suprised about there lack of knowledge of the trade, i thought they had more, obviously from the other side of the bar :lolol:

Were you one of the 'sympathetic friends' who got the cheap New Years Eve party??

:lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I've not been to any of the wave of trendy new bars that have openned in Buggers Hole. Give me a proper pub any day of the week.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Living in Burgess Hill I have only been in there once. From what I can remember it was alright, busy but not packed, got a seat (think it was a posh looking bean bag!), drinks same as pub prices and not full of townies and chavs! All in all not a bad bar, its just a shite location just like the lava lounge nearby. That part of the town could do with a few restaurants instead of the charity shops though because its just dead in the evening. The town looked pretty crap in the day too, they only showed the old biddies in their shop riders! :lolol:

ILOVEBHA

Jul 27, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
Those guys didn`t have a clue and should listen to advice from people who know.They should have sold up as i fear the will be bankrupt within 2 years.
When you walk past there are never many people in there.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
80's Seagull said:
I've not been to any of the wave of trendy new bars that have openned in Buggers Hole. Give me a proper pub any day of the week.
All the pubs are being done up now though, Top House is now a food pub, The Railway and the Hogshead (Now looking really posh and called the Jacobs Post!). Thats why my local is the Potters.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I saw that!

Good program. They did show them selves up.. should have sold for £550,000 and bought the brighton bar chains.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
surrey jim said:
The weald is the best pub in B'Hill FACT

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

become a bit of a regular in mooch lately, good food and always a bit of fun as well. nice and relaxed, what you want really

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here