Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rise viewers - Kitty soon to be no more.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Just announced on BBC website

Channel 4's troubled breakfast show, Rise, is being dropped, the network has announced.
It conceded the weekday programme had not attracted enough viewers since its launch in April last year.

Channel 4 director of television Tim Gardam said the programme had improved following heavy criticism - but its 252,000 average audience was too small.

Its last transmission will be on 19 December.

I've never seen this Kitty till yesterday but will make diligent efforts to study her between now and December 19.:blush:

Last edited:

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
She's an ugly annoying voiced bint!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Believe you me Jambo, she ain't all that, the knockers that have been described on here are pretty non-existent, and as for Kate Lawler, shouldn't someone tell her that stonewashed skirts went out in 1988.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
i actually like RISE ,Iain lee is very funny, dont think much of Kate lawler, so untalented and not much of a looker either!

will be sad to see it go.

what will they replace it with?, 3 hours of little house on the prarie? or C4,s fave trick ,when theres nothing else to put on bung on any old episode of 'Friends' thats been on 20 times before!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Nah -- hopefully they'll bring back a decent news prog, like "Morning Edition" used to be (remember that?)

It'd be better than saccarine news presented by silly bints in too much makeup sitting on sofas...

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
It's bound to be Friends. As for Kate Lawler, she does absolutely nothing for me in the groin department and is only slightly less irritating than that rugby wanker who is Judith Chalmers son who used to present it.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Oi Popkins is right tho. Ian has got the funnies and Kate doesn't ever understand them. The whole program is him explaining his jokes to her!

We need to slap a clever and fit bird next to Ian and roberts your fathers brother. Comedy and morning cab material in one....simple.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
RI:SE is better than when it first started.

However, the best thing for C4 could do for breakfast television would be to bring back a Johnny and Denise fronted Big Breakfast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here