Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Paul Fox

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I don't usually join the Rippers but The Ruts guitarist died today. I shall listen to them i n honour

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Alway played in my household, superb band.

Aniversary of death unfourtunalty.

From Wiki

On 16 July 2007 the band reformed for the first time in 27 years, and played a special benefit gig for Fox, following his diagnosis with lung cancer. Henry Rollins stood in for Owen. They were supported by Tom Robinson, The Damned, Misty in Roots, U.K. Subs, Splodge (Splodgenessabounds), John Otway; and the Peafish House Band which featured Lee Harris, (The Blockheads), Tony Barber (Buzzcocks) and Rowland Rivron, plus Edward Tudor-Pole and T. V. Smith.[citation needed]

Fox died on 21 October of the same year, at the age of 56

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
:blush:Haha so he DID! damn Ruts facebook update connecting the 3rd anniversary!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
:blush:Haha so he DID! damn Ruts facebook update connecting the 3rd anniversary!

Always worth a mention, have you read the book Human Punk by John King, I don't really like his other stuff as much on football voilence and Skinheads, but loved this one. It has a great begining where the group in the novel, go to a Ruts gig, have not read it for a few years but remember really liking the detail and the way he captured the moment.

[yt]BJ0fMflqv0A[/yt]

Attachments

• Human Punk.jpg
    Human Punk.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 163

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm pretty sure I started the ORIGINAL RIP thread aswell :lolol:

No Horton never read that book, will try and grab it cheers :thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I would blame the drugs but I dont do drugs......and I'm NOT blaming alcohol for my lack of brain cells!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Loved the Ruts, but just missed out on seeing them live.

However the one and only tribute act, that I can honestly say I loved seeing was The Snakemen play the Ruts. Not so much a tribute but a labour of love, bloody fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here