Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP - Jocky Wilson

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gone to the great Oche in the Sky. 62.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Lucky he'll be forever immortalised by the van Morrison song.

Oh the beebs totps error at least.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Lucky he'll be forever immortalised by the van Morrison song.

Oh the beebs totps error at least.

Oh yes indeedy! :clap2:

Sad to hear The Fife Fifer's shuffled off this mortal coil, but I'm sure he'd approve of us copying one of his trademark cheeky wee grins as we remember him being immortalised on TOTP...

[yt]5Ao9p3ou7-U[/yt]

:bowdown:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Saw him at the Elma in Worthing do an exhibition match years ago.Must have drunk 10 pints of Guinness while playing the local darts team and whipped the lot of them.Great character.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
R.I.P Jocky,,,,,once they banned the fags and boozing on stage he was never the same player. Used to love watching the Darts back then. Still do, but back then they were playing for peanuts, not like the money in the game today. Somehow I always thought it was better, even if the standard today is far greater than then. They were just working guys like the man in the street.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP - Great Darts player

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've got Sid Waddell's autobiography and he said what a nice bloke Jocky Wilson was. Invited him in to his run-down flat in Fife and made him very welcome even when he was ill with a chest infection. He fell on hard times after drinking and smoking most of his career prize money.

Bit similar to snooker's Alex Higgins, who died at 61 - both won two world titles and both led an unhealthy lifestyle but great entertainers in their respective sport.

RIP Jocky Wilson. :angel:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Saw him at the Elma in Worthing do an exhibition match years ago.Must have drunk 10 pints of Guinness while playing the local darts team and whipped the lot of them.Great character.

In those days they could not play sober, snooker was the same till steve davies came along sipping water and whipping everyone, remember Bill Werbenick (spelt wrong probably but he would not mind)he used to drink 10 pints before he started.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In those days they could not play sober, snooker was the same till steve davies came along sipping water and whipping everyone, remember Bill Werbenick (spelt wrong probably but he would not mind)he used to drink 10 pints before he started.

20 pints.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here