Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Derek B

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
Just read that Derek B has died aged just 44. Although he was a bit naff looking back, I got into him as a young kid back in the 80s and that lead me in to Public Enemy, Run DMC Eric B & Rakim et al.

RIP Bad Young Brother.

[yt]2KtXZQkGxNI[/yt]

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
haha , i remember the naffest lyrics ever, " they pull me over, two old bill jump quick out the rover" or something similar, he was nearly as bad as smiley culture if anyone remembers him.

Playing On The Grit

Twitter: @leighjcooper
Apr 2, 2008
haha , i remember the naffest lyrics ever, " they pull me over, two old bill jump quick out the rover" or something similar, he was nearly as bad as smiley culture if anyone remembers him.

I remember Smiley Culture too. I had a12 inch of his but didn't understand a bloody word he was on about.

Looking back, after Derek B I could so easily have taken the Wee Pappa Girl Rappers fork in the road instead of the Public Enemy one! Thank God for that!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember Smiley Culture too. I had a12 inch of his but didn't understand a bloody word he was on about.

Looking back, after Derek B I could so easily have taken the Wee Pappa Girl Rappers fork in the road instead of the Public Enemy one! Thank God for that!
we rule , wee papa rule the daaance, in a brand new fashion in a dance hall style we rule " :lolol: to be fair i think its all rubbish !!

houlio

May 9, 2008
didnt derek b get beaten up on stage by someone like silver bullet and then he was never seen again??

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
"two big things like basketballs/down below was like niagara falls"

classic.

Shame he had to try and sound American - thats what people did in thsoe days i guess.
And dont f***ing diss Smiley Culture innit!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Shiver me timbers. Saw him on the same bill as Run DMC and Public Enemy at the Btn Centre in the late 80s. This news is up there with the story about the old Woolworths on London Road now becoming a 99p shop!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
"two big things like basketballs/down below was like niagara falls"

classic.

Shame he had to try and sound American - thats what people did in thsoe days i guess.
And dont f***ing diss Smiley Culture innit!
smiley culture was shit :lolol: " please mistah policeman dont gi me no produca" f***ing dire:lolol:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
smiley culture was shit :lolol: " please mistah policeman dont gi me no produca" f***ing dire:lolol:

negative, red leader. Check out "cockney translator" , invaluable if you ever need to intercede between rastafarians and cockneys in matters of controversy. This shit happens all the time...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
negative, red leader. Check out "cockney translator" , invaluable if you ever need to intercede between rastafarians and cockneys in matters of controversy. This shit happens all the time...
its a matter of taste , i think police officer and cockney translation were shit, and as for it being invaluable in matters between cockneys and rastafarians , take it from me, most of them can switch between a london and rude bwoy accent at the drop of a hat.

Shiver me timbers. Saw him on the same bill as Run DMC and Public Enemy at the Btn Centre in the late 80s. This news is up there with the story about the old Woolworths on London Road now becoming a 99p shop!

I was there also....The public enemy fans were not too impressed at him.....I recall him getting pelted on stage!!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Met him at a Don Blackmon concert at Jazz Cafe & had a top night out with him. Was heavily involved in pirate radio in the late 80's too. Good guy.
RIP
Heart attack at 44........people will read between the lines with that.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Met him at a Don Blackmon concert at Jazz Cafe & had a top night out with him. Was heavily involved in pirate radio in the late 80's too. Good guy.
RIP
Heart attack at 44........people will read between the lines with that.

Not so sure it was the reading between the "lines" , that done for him :wink:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
its a matter of taste , i think police officer and cockney translation were shit, and as for it being invaluable in matters between cockneys and rastafarians , take it from me, most of them can switch between a london and rude bwoy accent at the drop of a hat.

For shit British 'toasters' I don't think Macka B can be beaten. 'Bean and Egg' and 'Big Mac' to name but two dire offerings. His 'I'm in love witha dreadlock' bemoaning how women would not go out with rastas, was perhaps his lowest point though.

A golden era of shit British reggae.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here