Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Riots: Is anyone else actually genuinely frightened for their property/wellbeing?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As the title asks, I wondered if anyone else due to geography, paranoia or just an impending feeling of doom feel actually quite worried for their property or health - and that of your family?

I had plans to drive to London to stay with a friend today; these have now been cancelled, as have plans to review theatre later in the week in Leeds, my nearest city.

Wondering how the riots had affected other people's plans so far for genuine - or paranoid - reasons?

Disclaimer: No, I am not 'fishing'. I am genuinely asking and wanting to know what people think. Thanks.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ive got my shotgun out the roof and it's making me feel a lot better

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Slightly concerned for my girlfriend - she works for the London Ambulance Service but is generally picking up old ladies that fall over at home. She's on lates next week, so hopefully everything will settle down.

Stab vests are at the ready and doors locked. Oh, and Oxygen cylinders can do serious damage to attackers!!

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I'm worried this will escalate it to an excuse for people to gather in Village People type outfits etc in Brighton this Saturday. We should clamp down on any such gatherings with water cannons filled with free lager.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm worried every night for my niece who lives in Chalk Farm & spent last night hiding in the hallway of her flat as yobs were running up & down the street & kicking at doors. Went up there today & saw the damage which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be to be honest, thank God.
Be glad when she's finished her exams & I can get her down here.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm worried every night for my niece who lives in Chalk Farm & spent last night hiding in the hallway of her flat as yobs were running up & down the street & kicking at doors. Went up there today & saw the damage which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be to be honest, thank God.
Be glad when she's finished her exams & I can get her down here.

No smudge, everything around this area is calm, in fact everywhere around London is fine... whether this is the end, who knows, but more and more communities in the capital will gather together and rid this scum themselves. Chalk Farm is like a second home to me outside of where I live which is only down the road and it's usually a great place to be. Don't worry yourself mate, all is peaceful again.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
Not with people like this around :thumbsup:

iVWjA.gif

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Was quite concerned last night and it was really kicking off just down the road in Battersea and moving this way. 20 minute walk.

( Don't live in Clapham anymore which is a far way from Clapham Junction )

Really a case of knowing that this road would be quite a handy escape route and the front of the house would be vulnerable.

I'm also two minutes off the High Street with suffered a little damage.

So yes, but not as if I lived in flat above a shop. I would have been out of there if that had been the case.

Suddenly realised around 11 there was some very handy bits of scrap wood outside, slightly larger than baseball bat size. So I sheepishly ventured outside and brought them in.

After any incident like this, you do that random groups of kids wandering around - I suspect taking the opportunity to frighten a few people just from being there. Sorry don't want to misrepresent innocent groups of teenagers, but I lived long enough around the estates in Clapham to recognise the behaviour.

I'd imagine the same thing was going on last night in Clapham, no real threat but effectively gangs of youths wandering round with their hoods up. Massive difference than a group of kids even in hoodies. If you'd seen it you'd know.

It appears just their presence last night was enough to get Waitrose shut tonight round the corner toinght. Bloody annoying because Sainsbury's was full of panic buyers !

Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
No smudge, everything around this area is calm, in fact everywhere around London is fine... whether this is the end, who knows, but more and more communities in the capital will gather together and rid this scum themselves. Chalk Farm is like a second home to me outside of where I live which is only down the road and it's usually a great place to be. Don't worry yourself mate, all is peaceful again.

Cheers mate. Wandered down into Camden today. It seems JD Sports is a favourite shop of these lowlife. Also, Evans the bike shop had copped it, & Sainsburys Local.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have a mate lives in Regents Park Road [MENTION=338]smudge[/MENTION], is the left turning off Chalk Farm Station into them new flats, he was more worried that his lift doesn't work than the riots! But yeah I know the bike shop, Sainsbury's, et al, very well... will go have a look at the weekend how things are around there. The guy that owns the butchers near Camden High St., heard this on tv, but I use it... was protecting his property last night against the thugs, I was wondering which knife he was using!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here