Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rio Carbon MP3

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
My daughter wants one of this for xmas ...about £110?...should I be buying this or are there better alternatives?...did I previously read on here that Rio had gone bust?

Help please !!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Rio went bust twice, were eventually bought by Denon, and now the brand is being ended

Warranties will be honoured, but I still wouldn't buy one myself.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
And a Creative or iRiver works with the OS DIRECTLY rather than using some wanky crap media player that encourages using encumbered audio formats.

Doesn't matter if its a Windows machine, Apple box, or something rarer, an iRiver or Creative is going to work.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have a Rio and they are bloody superb IMHO.

2.5 GB and well worth the £80.

Go for it man

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I got myself an i river pmp 120 on ebay for £150 and it is amazing. it has its own conversion software that converted neary 2 gig of home video ( and no it is not that type of home video ) in about 25 minutes which is really fast in my book.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
MYOB said:
And a Creative or iRiver works with the OS DIRECTLY rather than using some wanky crap media player that encourages using encumbered audio formats.

Doesn't matter if its a Windows machine, Apple box, or something rarer, an iRiver or Creative is going to work.

or just use a plugin for winamp and transfer songs onto my ipod that way ?

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
Spent ages looking into Rio vs ipod.

Was about to get a rio carbon when i was informed there was a slight static problem and i should place a piece of sellotape over the headphone jack!

Decided ipod would be best and not been let down yet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sergi Gotsmanov said:
Spent ages looking into Rio vs ipod.

Was about to get a rio carbon when i was informed there was a slight static problem and i should place a piece of sellotape over the headphone jack!

Decided ipod would be best and not been let down yet.

Not had any static problem with my Rio

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here