Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ricky Gervais - Fame!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Did anyone else go along to this last night?

While not being a big office fan I found him very funny indeed and altho he seemed to be dogged by sound problems he even made a joke out of that.
There was of course one clown in the crowd who took offence to a joke about AIDS after (I should imagine) sitting and laughing along to jokes about other diseases - bit of a twat really.

The only downside of the evening is the parking - those who have been to events at the brighton centre know the trouble of getting out of the carparks, it amazing that Brighton council have not got the sense to put in more than one pay machine on every twenty levels or so, it just causes mayhem.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
You can now just stick the ticket in the barrier then stick your credit car din and it charges you the relevant amount and you can go rather than having to queue at the ticket machine.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I went and it was hillarious. I also liked the guy who was on before him. The parking wasnt a problem for us. We just did what Tinx said above.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm going next Wednesday. Really looking forward to it now.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm a huge fan of Gervais and I thought it was very good, but not great.

It was funny when I was discussing it with my girlfriend after, and we realised just how offensive 99% of his material really is. My favourite bit was the joke about anti-rape adverts and hers was the cancer stuff. His sense of humour really is incredibly dark.

I can't think of one bit of his routine that wouldn't offend at least one person in the audience.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I know what you are saying. Its like when that bloke called out when he was telling that joke about aids "You cant say that in Brighton". Then he took the piss out of him.:lolol:

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
Found the bit out pygama bottoms very funny...cant remember the name of the game he invented...

"Cock n ball jimjam"

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We went a month or so ago and were sat next to a fat whale of a woman and when he started insulting fat people she got the hump and left. MAd eme laugh even more because of it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I went last night it was fab.

Particular highlight was my wife was sat next to a fat man who everytime he laughed (which was a lot) he vibrated the whole row!! However he laughed loudest at the fat jokes. I was that close to saying "Oi fatty, the joke is on you" but then that would have been mean.

And as for the guy who shouted out "why are you telling jokes like that in Brighton" in response to the AIDS gags, you my friend are a complete self centred wanker. So what you're saying is that that joke is offensive because there is more chance of there being someone in the audience who knows or suffers from AIDS? but no one who may know or suffer from Cancer. Total wanker, and treated as such. Very amusing but slightly annoying that some tosser attempted to lump Brighton into the whole gay AIDS nonsense.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Giraffe said:
I went last night it was fab.

Particular highlight was my wife was sat next to a fat man who everytime he laughed (which was a lot) he vibrated the whole row!! However he laughed loudest at the fat jokes. I was that close to saying "Oi fatty, the joke is on you" but then that would have been mean.

And as for the guy who shouted out "why are you telling jokes like that in Brighton" in response to the AIDS gags, you my friend are a complete self centred wanker. So what you're saying is that that joke is offensive because there is more chance of there being someone in the audience who knows or suffers from AIDS? but no one who may know or suffer from Cancer. Total wanker, and treated as such. Very amusing but slightly annoying that some tosser attempted to lump Brighton into the whole gay AIDS nonsense.

Great comeback from Gervais though...

Twat: Why are you doing a joke about Aids in Brighton?
Gervais: Because I'm in Brighton.....

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Chesney Christ said:
Great comeback from Gervais though...

Twat: Why are you doing a joke about Aids in Brighton?
Gervais: Because I'm in Brighton.....

:lolol:

As long he doesn't get too 'scripty' and writing-clever, he is a very funny man

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'Angry Blowjob' was the other insult to the bloke

i was crying for 1/2 hour - absolutely amazing - Tho there was a twat behind pissed up and slagging everything off:shootself

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought it was great.

The bit that sticks in my mind is when near the end he was on about cottaging (by which point I was just itching for that whiny arse in the audience to pop up again and sniffle "Why do that joke in Brighton?", but he didn't dare).

Specifically the bit about glory holes in toilets. I won't elaborate on the punchline because (1) it'll spoil it for those going next week and (2) it was a tad crude, but it was completely toe-curling yet at the same time hilarious

:clap2:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here