Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Revolutionary idea instead of replay cameras.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Stupid idea. Go away, think about it and come back to us with a better suggestion.

I propose spikes in the goal so that you know the ball has gone over the line because it is flat.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
lost in london said:
Stupid idea. Go away, think about it and come back to us with a better suggestion.

I propose spikes in the goal so that you know the ball has gone over the line because it is flat.

In the same way you could cover the goal mouth in infa-red, but then it'd go of if a goalkeeper steps behind his line. Which he's perfectly intitled to do. The best way is to cover the ball in a material that would set the sensors of..but then it gets quite complicated and expensive.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Tish! Forget all this new-fangled technology, lets just lose the stanchions or whatever they're called and have the net just dangling from the crossbar. Then if the net rippled it's a pretty good sign that the ball has crossed the line. Also last night Carrol would have got hopelessly tangled up in it and wouldn't have been able to hook the ball out.

Also this 'technology' could easily be used at all levels of the game, not just Premier League.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
In that case Biscuit, ban goalkeepers from entering the penalty area.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Brovian said:
Tish! Forget all this new-fangled technology, lets just lose the stanchions or whatever they're called and have the net just dangling from the crossbar. Then if the net rippled it's a pretty good sign that the ball has crossed the line. Also last night Carrol would have got hopelessly tangled up in it and wouldn't have been able to hook the ball out.

Also this 'technology' could easily be used at all levels of the game, not just Premier League.

you could be onto the right track here, not dangling off the crossbar but maybe shortening the distance from the goal to say about a Foot or the width of a ball or something!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Well they were obviously not looking properly.

Decisions are made by near middle aged blokes that have never played the game at any professional level.

I'd say the way to make officials more accountable is to make them all full time professionals. God knows the FA can afford it. They use video footage as evidence to see what players get up to when there's a fracas, why not use it when a club makes an appeal against poor refereeing instead of stopping a match?

I think part of the love of football is that, yes, sometimes you're robbed. But sometimes the ref's also on your side. If we had video playback we'd have to stop moaning about refs. And you can't so that!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Brovian said:

To move this idea on slightly , the net should be the size of a ball from the goal line + covered in paint then if the ball goes in really slowly and the net doesn't ripple the ref can simply check for paint......solved

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its bloody ridiculous. If Pro Evolution Soccer can get it right, then why can't referee's ? I've had a few goal-line incidents in that game, and every time I've done a slow-mo replay from close-up, its revealed that the decision has been absolutely spot-on.

And don't talk to me about the cost of the technology. It only cost me £39.99.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Easy 10 said:
Its bloody ridiculous. If Pro Evolution Soccer can get it right, then why can't referee's ? I've had a few goal-line incidents in that game, and every time I've done a slow-mo replay from close-up, its revealed that the decision has been absolutely spot-on.

And don't talk to me about the cost of the technology. It only cost me £39.99.

:lolol:

Actually, my keeper Yashin let one slip underhim before he caught it, three quarters of the ball had crossed the line and im sure that should have been a goal and it didn't count!

And breath, f*** me that was a long sentance!

Lush

Mods' Pet
Didn't Wimbledon used to have those "electronic eye" thingies to say whether serves were in and out?

The ones that were always being over-ruled because they were "faulty"?

What happened to them? Strike you're the resident tennis expert?

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I reckon we need a 5th and 6th umpire, one to sit beside every goal!!

and we should play on for injuries until its proved the injury is serious, that would stop em falling all over the field..

and I reckon we should go back to wearing the tight shorts :p please :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here