Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Retro kit

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Did I read somewhere that the Albion are wearing the same kit on Saturday as they wore against Doncaster at the Goldstone. Is this right? Has anyone seen the kit? Are Donny joining in by wearing a retro kit?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I no its a 'retro day' and fans wear the old stuff but I dont no about the players. wheres the insider when you need him! :lolol:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
No, it's only us fans in the old shirts. I don't think the board or our current sponsors would be too happy with the team trotting out in Sandtex sponsored shirts with the old crest DK took such swift action in changing when he became chairman.

Besides, I can't see Guy squeezing into one of those skinny style old shirts :lolol:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I think it may have been from Harty on the phone in that I heard about the team wearing retro shirts. Or am I going mad?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
andybaha said:
I think it may have been from Harty on the phone in that I heard about the team wearing retro shirts. Or am I going mad?
I have heard this rumour too (that the team will be wearing 'altered' versions of the old shirts). However, I can't say that I heard it from a reliable source.

It would be nice, but it seems fairly impractical.

The club are going to have special "retro" shirts for the team on the day. One can only speculate what this w ill entail but an educated gues would be the old Admiral kit (made this time by Errea) with vany blue stripes and a white central chest panel advertising "Skint" in red type a la the old Santex advert.

Probably have the new badge.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Storer68 said:
The club are going to have special "retro" shirts for the team on the day. One can only speculate what this w ill entail but an educated gues would be the old Admiral kit (made this time by Errea) with vany blue stripes and a white central chest panel advertising "Skint" in red type a la the old Santex advert.

Glad I'm not going mad!!

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Is there still a crop of old 1978-79 Bukta shirts lying around somehere ?. That would be fantastic:clap: :clap:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Storer68 said:

i'd buy one definitely if they made them avaliable for general sale

C'MON DICK AND CO , MAKE THIS HAPPEN..:clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...and possibly the best quality, mine still looks as good as the day it was first worn...though it has become a family heirloom and doesn't see the light of day that often.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I'll be in my 1996 shirt on Saturday.

I altered the SANDTEX sponsor in 1997, following an idea given to me by Attilla which was inspired by the explosive atmosphere in those days.

Watch out for the SEMTEX shirt Saturday

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Nice idea Barry, but I fear it may blow up in your face!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here