Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Response to Homophobic abuse.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Dont rest your case,,,,you carry on trying to change the world....There are already tons of do gooding, namby pamby people running this country. Thats why the place is a joke.

You can't use the expression "namby pamby". Dozens of people could read this thread & feel you are aiming it at them! i'm going to wait at Beachy Head tonight as I anticipate a queue of them waiting to jump due to the extrmeme trauma of being called that. Tut tut.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If one of our players came out and the homophobia continued, would everyone still think it was banter? I ask because of the fans that were arrested at Portsmouth for homophobic abuse of a player.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
As a gay Albion fan I have only found a few chants offensive, the worst being Portsmouths 'HIV,HIV,HIV'. I think it's all a little silly, but can be fun. I was once very tempted, when a group of Shrewsbury Town fans enquired about my boyfriends concern, to respond with 'Yes my boyfriend knows I'm here....' Not much that can be said to that....

Good for you, you are clearly very comfortable with your sexuality.....Well done that man.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No...is not about having to toughen up.it is not the point about having an understanding of the difference between individual targetting and'terrace banter'.i guess it is telling that much of the reaction is aimed at me having a problem..how about thinking about why the FA has been forced into making a stand?because of the idea that this is 'harmless fun' and those of us that take offense have the problem there are no 'out' gay footballers.
It is not harmless fun,i do have a sense of humour-and a wish to move from the dark ages into a time when we could maybe be at the forefront of a movement that meant all were of equal worth in a football stadium...
NSC....first they came for the disabled...
Then they came for the queers....

Sorry, bit you really are a sad liberal really.

I have gay friends who think that Albion fans are heroes for the way we deal with the so called homophobic chants from other fans. What they get really angry about is idiotic people who do their cause no good by having a 'life skills' bypass. Whether straight or gay, 'man up' and get on with life and stop making mountains out of molehills.

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
"FARE" is the answer

Its apparently an independent, faceless organisation with proven links to the board of Glasgow Celtic Football Club

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Ah....Sweet...still with the assumptions...no-have been supporting the albion for over 40years...have a job...Been a season ticket holder from the goldstone through...And i guess you've got to go and 'give your missus one' to assert your sexuality...maybe id best go and do the same...

Last edited:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
"it's fun to stay at the A - M - E - X
it's fun to stay at the A - M - E - X"

With the dance too ...

Come on North Stand, please do this

THIS

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think we should have to wait for opposition taunts, I think YMCA should be played after every goal we score. Psychologically, it could shatter the hardest of defenders.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
The suggestion of the whole crowd pointing and shouting "YOUNG MAN!" is hilarious!

that was my idea .... its a shame i dont go to games in a big enough group to get it started or i would . imagine the whole west stand and north responding to palaces gay jibes with everyone pointing and really emphasising young man . that would probably shut them up for the rest of the game . classic

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good potential to expand to a full song:

"I'd rather be a homo than the scum
I'd rather take a hard cock up my bum
And I'd rather suck a phallus
Than support the dirty Palace
I'd rather be a homo than the scum."

Seems to me that's equally offensive as the chants it's supposed to be 'satirising'.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Read the thread. I simply made a song out of the first line suggested by another poster. I never said it was supposed to be a retort to "Does Your Boyfriend Know You're Here?"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here