Shiki-shi, Saitama
Good potential to expand to a full song:

"I'd rather be a homo than the scum
I'd rather take a hard cock up my bum
And I'd rather suck a phallus
Than support the dirty Palace
I'd rather be a homo than the scum."

:lolol:

I fully concur that we should be singing the gay stuff ourselves (and be creative in the process.)

There is literally NO possible comeback to it and suddenly you have silenced the away neanderthals with just 1 round of YMCA.

Good luck in getting the idea off this board and actually into the AMEX though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am actually singing this in my head.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Actually this reminds me of a song I heard some drunk lads singing on the way up to a midlands game a few years back......

"Fly me to the moon and let me play among stars.
Let me stick my penis up your big fat hairy arse.

In other words......It could be youuuuu (point at away supporters) in other words...please forgive me."

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
you could probably change the YMCA to BHA if you drag out the B then change the words to a suitable insult then bingo!

... or "B and HA" to avoid overstressing the B?? :facepalm:
It seems like a silly idea anyway ...

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I prefer Village People's "In The Navy", because we can turn it into;

In the Amex
You can see the greatest team
In the Amex
You can sit your arse at ease
in the Amex
Come on now you should be a fan
in the Amex
You can see and you don't need to stand

clapping (we want you, we want you, we want you as a new recruit)

[yt]InBXu-iY7cw[/yt]

Love it but maybe slightly tweaked (oo er)

In the Amex
You can see the greatest team
In the Amex
You can sit your arse at ease
In the Amex
Everyone should be a fan
In the Amex
You can see no need to stand

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Let's face it, we're going to get loads this season, with every bunch of goons thinking they're the first ones to think of those hilarious chants; yawn.

We need a witty response to make them feel a bit silly & have us all laughing at them. I don't think the "you're too ugly to be gay" really hits the mark.

So, in response to "we can see you holding hands" & all the other usual shit, how about.....

"We can see you coming out".

No?

I'm gay but I shagged your wife.

I liked the time at Millwall, they did the anti gay chants, we scored and did "1-0 to the nancy boys" they got so pissed off they started fighting each other.

Classic, a copper near me was pissing himself laughing.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Or we could just ignore it and treat it with the kind of contempt such outdated crap deserves?

Ignore or retaliate.
Fans of other clubs in songs are labelled thieves, or pikeys, or any insult or stereotype under the Sun.
Can't afford to be sensitive in watching pro football. The wrong sport.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let's face it, we're going to get loads this season, with every bunch of goons thinking they're the first ones to think of those hilarious chants; yawn.

We need a witty response to make them feel a bit silly & have us all laughing at them. I don't think the "you're too ugly to be gay" really hits the mark.

So, in response to "we can see you holding hands" & all the other usual shit, how about.....

"We can see you coming out".

No?

Don't worry, the North Stand will drown out the homophobic abuse for you :thumbsup:

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Being female the 'does your boyfriend know your here' just makes me laugh but I agree as it is against the law clubs should start doing something about it.
However as that is unlikely to happen I love the idea of YMCA or the navy one.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
What can you do, throw all the travelling support out ? Come to think of it, why not ? It's no good the FA spouting about stamping out homophobia unless an example is made. Of course the truth is that the FA can huff and puff but they won't do anything.
Local police have requested that ALL occurrences of homophobia are reported to them by supporters.there is a designated officer dealing with football-related crime-and this being a hate crime as well as supposedly against the FA push (yeah,right) against homophobia the police will then necessitate the club in dealing with the issues by sanctioning through the withdawal of season tickets etc. If they dont act on it then the club itself will be sanctioned regarding its licensing.

D

Deleted User X18H

Why does it bother anyone. If someone calls me a poof I just live up to it and mince around for an hour or so.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:What would actually be stunning,would be that in brighton of all places-the supporters actually took the lead and started to positively make homophobia unacceptable-think of how radical that would be-imagine what it might be like to actually be at the forefront of changing something as insidious as racism..i wonder if brighton fans could do it,though-because the panic that ensued after the naming of dicks bar was hilarious...
Anyone want to start the football revolution?make a name for the supporters of the albion?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
Are we seriously saying a couple of hundred of opposition fans singing "we can see you holding hands" in a humourous way is somehow worth bothering the police with? What happened to the famous British sense of humour? Opposition fans used to throw darts at each other in old days & now we can't cope with a few jibes?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Opposition fans used to throw darts at each other in old days & now we can't cope with a few jibes?

If you're going to Cardiff, you'd better learn to count from 501 downwards.

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Are we seriously saying a couple of hundred of opposition fans singing "we can see you holding hands" in a humourous way is somehow worth bothering the police with? What happened to the famous British sense of humour? Opposition fans used to throw darts at each other in old days & now we can't cope with a few jibes?
Isnt humourous...isnt banter.
Is hatred.
Making an assumption here...i kind of guess you are straight and never been on the receiving end of homophobia...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here