Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Response to Homophobic abuse.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Let's face it, we're going to get loads this season, with every bunch of goons thinking they're the first ones to think of those hilarious chants; yawn.

We need a witty response to make them feel a bit silly & have us all laughing at them. I don't think the "you're too ugly to be gay" really hits the mark.

So, in response to "we can see you holding hands" & all the other usual shit, how about.....

"We can see you coming out".

No?

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Or we could just ignore it and treat it with the kind of contempt such outdated crap deserves?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
How about we all just start holding the next persons hands in the air and start jumping around? A kind of alternative take on the Poznan?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Who cares what they sing? We won't be able to hear them above our vociferous fans anyway!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How about we all just start holding the next persons hands in the air and start jumping around? A kind of alternative take on the Poznan?

"Can you see us holding hands?"

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think calling our stadium bar "Dick's Bar" helps with this issue

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
"we can see you holding hands" always makes me chuckle for some reason. Surely one of the most inoffensive chants ever

DanielT

how about mooning them poznan style? or will that not make the right point?

moony-2173.gif
moony_wave-2179.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I quite like this:
we could just ignore it and treat it with the kind of contempt such outdated crap deserves
but then I also like these:
"Can you see us holding hands?"
all start singing YMCA really loud , that will shut them up
However, I guess our own homophobic contingent (or at least, those not comfortable with their sexuality) wouldn't want to join in with the piss take, so we'll have to
a) ignore
or
b) stick with 'you're too ugly to be gay'

But it would be funny if the whole stadium started prancing around to YMCA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here