Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Resigning

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Got offered a new job yesterday and have to hand my notice in tomorrow !!

Do i tell my boss and his bosses why i'm leaving..... ie he is a lazy wanktard and i've had a f***ing gutfull of him.

Or do i do the professional thing and just tell him i've had a much better offer ( which i have ) and avoid causing problems because you never know when you might bump into them in the future etc ?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
DAMANCLAY said:
The second one, always need a decent reference aswell.

Yeah your probably right, doubt i'd have the bottle to slag him off to his face anyway....just the thought of it gives me so much satisfaction !!!!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The second one, you never know when you might need a reference or something. It's never good to end on negative terms.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If you can find a way to make your point without pissing them off, that would be my choice! As a boss of many myself, if you dont ever get constructive criticism, you never improve!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Definitely the second one. Don't shit on others as you make your way up, as you may need them when you are coming back down again.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Gritt23 said:
Definitely the second one. Don't shit on others as you make your way up, as you may need them when you are coming back down again.

I wasn't actually thinking of shitting on him exactly, just would maybe like to have the last laugh !!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hide a fish in the building somewhere, preferably behind a radiator or in the air conditioning.

Then kick yer boss in the face.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Apparently, companies are not allowed to give you bad references? Can anyone confirm this.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
robbied69 said:
Apparently, companies are not allowed to give you bad references? Can anyone confirm this.

I think so, all you'd do is confirm the dates they worked and who they reported to and their salary. by not saying anything positive, you are speaking volumes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
robbied69 said:

I find that if you have been in an industry a few years the majority of people that you interview will have a company on their cv where you know someone.

A quick phone call is often better than a formal reference, so it's worth leaving on good terms. As stinker said, you are having the last laugh so leave it at that.

and good luck in the new one :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Be polite when you leave, if he is as big a tosser as you suggest then he is probably aware of the fact and there is little point in you reinforcing the fact, but on the other hand he may not.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
robbied69 said:

Not allowed to give a bad one, they can confirmed @Joe Bloggs worked here! end

Doesnt sound to good eh?
;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here