Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF makes £5,000 donation to Sutton Eagles

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mr Palace's Twitter account if you want to say hello (keep it polite, FFS) :wave:

Twitter

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yes he is. And on our forum "BBS" all the time.

Mate, can you copy and post Tony's post at the top to BBS. I have an account but can't get in. Just do the title the same " REMF makes £ 5000 donation to Sutton Eagles ". Thanks.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Excellent news Tony and the REMF board that money is being distributed around the country. That is exactly what this fund was originally set up for, to help promote football and friendship.

It would be good if sometime someone could keep us up to date with Los Periditos in NYC and if our original awards went some way in helping them achieve their goal.

Well done all again. Robert would be very proud.

More about their excellent work ... from Sutton Eagles FC

Sutton Eagles F.C. was initially set up in early 2004 as a pilot scheme by London Borough of Sutton’s Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership. It proved to be a great success, and is now run by the parents, with coaching provided by Sport Nation coaches.

The scheme set out to provide special needs children in the area with an opportunity to further improve their social and physical skills, and in doing so improve their confidence and self-esteem. The various SN’s covered by the club include Autistic Spectrum Disorder (including Asperger’s Syndrome), learning, physical and sensory impairments (including language and hearing impairments and cerebral palsy), ADHD and various medical conditions. The training sessions are organised by Sport Nation coaches, with structures designed to increase physical performance and confidence in the players. The coaches are also given confidential ‘Player Profiles’ for all children taking part, so that they are aware of each child’s individual needs.

The 2-hour sessions are split into two groups. The first hour consists of children from 5 – 11 years, and the second group is for 12 year-olds upwards. Both groups now regularly take part in special needs football tournaments such as the Walton on Thames Monthly Tournament. We ask the parents to stay at the sessions, and they are able to watch from the sideline. We also have outdoor sessions at Forresters School during some school holidays. There is no need to book sessions, and you can come to as many or as few as you wish. The sessions cost £3.50 per hour.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Posted on the CPFC fans forum.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

15/4/12 - REMF Brighton Marathon Team
4/5 2012 - REMF 11
6/12 - REMF Golf Day

We also raised recently over £ 1000 from the Gullys Girls calenders, well done Brett and £ 900 from the REMF Quiz Night, well done Al.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Brian Fairey

Southern Scouse
Dec 12, 2011
I've got rellies who worked at Claire House, a children's hospice serving Merseyside.

Is there any way I can apply for REMF money to find its way there?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The £ 30000 brand new mini bus emblazzoned with the REMF logo should be unveiled in February possibly on 25/2/12 before the Ipswich Town game. Confirmation to follow.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I've got rellies who worked at Claire House, a children's hospice serving Merseyside.

Feel free to PM, Woodingdean Gull but the fund is set out to provide facilties for football related organisations. All applications will receive full consideration but the charity has a remit stated in their " mission statement ".

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm tempted to say no, it's only a small organisation with no history, and nobody would care if they went bust, unlike a bigger charity. Bearing in mind your post on the Darlo thread. But I shall refrain from being facetious...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A fantastic gesture, yes it's only right to recognize the contribution of those up the A23.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here