REMF makes £5,000 donation to Sutton Eagles

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Brilliant news !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As much as I hate CPFC this is to be highly commended as they have gone way beyond the call of duty in helping REMF be the success it has been.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Excellent news, WG, any idea what they plan on using the money for?

Basically Phil, they operate much the same way as Special Seagulls and will use the donation for taking part in special needs football tournaments and for the transportation of the youngsters entered. Ed's post above explain a lot more and also provides a link to their website.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That's heartwarming news on this chilly ol' evening. A big "well done" to the good folk from The Albion & Palace who work for the good of those who will, I'm sure, benefit greatly from the funding. :clap2:

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
The REMF has unanimously agreed a £5,000 donation to Sutton Eagles, an organization similar to our own Special Seagulls, which teaches and helps disabled children to play football. This is in recognition of the superb part that the Palace supporters have played in supporting the REMF in their annual football match.

Some newcomers to this board may not realise just how big a contribution the Palace supporters made to the REMF when it was in its infancy. I think it’s fair to say, that without their support, we may not have grown into the charitable organization that we have become. Having supported the Albion for nearly 60 years, I know first hand about the “rivalry” between the 2 sets of supporters but hope that everyone can see the contribution that has been given by many of the Palace supporters.

The bottom line though is that this is about helping those kids that may not be as fortunate as others and I hope that all the Albion supporters and NSC posters who have contributed to the REMF will agree that this is a donation going to a worthy and deserving cause.

So it’s a big “Thank you” to all who have given their support.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is great news. I have the misfortune to work in Sutton but I shall feel even more proud now of the Albion shirt in my car window as I drive through the place to get to my office.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Great news and good it keeps palace fans interested in REMF. Wonder who it was that suggested such a worthy cause.
Has REMF football date been set then?

Also id rather an annoucement by PA guy at the game on 31st rather than a presentation on the pitch as would rather just be a fan on the night.

Last edited:

SuttonEagles

Jan 16, 2012
Hello from Sutton Eagles

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of the Albion fans who have supported the REMF, and as a result Sutton Eagles.
To answer a question earlier on this thread, the money will be used to fund the weekly coaching done by the club.
We have running costs of between £5-6,000 a year, which includes various tournaments, where we often come across the Seagulls.
Like them, we cater for children with all disabilities, mental and physical. Like all of the other teams that take part we are fully inclusive, and everybody gets the same time playing regardless of ability.

At the end of last year we didn't have enough money to go past Christmas. Fortunately we received a Natwest Community grant of £6,000, and this fantastic donation will help secure the club for the foreseeable future. So thanks again to everyone involved and who has donated to the REMF at any time. As has been mentioned before it shows that whilst we are the fiercest rivals when it comes to football (nice to be playing you again, even if it is for just 1 season:cool:) we can act like adults away from the match. After all it's only a game.

I understand that the hope is to present it on the pitch on the 31st. If it does happen, don't forget to give me a wave.:bigwave:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Well done to all involved, I'm glad the contribution of the Palace fans is being recognised in this way :clap::clap::clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

15/4/12 - REMF Brighton Marathon Team
4/5 2012 - REMF 11
6/12 - REMF Golf Day

Top work everyone, but, er... something I should know...?

We also raised recently over £ 1000 from the Gullys Girls calenders, well done Brett and £ 900 from the REMF Quiz Night, well done Al.

When you say £900, I think you actually mean £1,250. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here