Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF In Africa

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
picture1kf.jpg

picture2v.jpg

Good afternoon people of NSC.

As some of you may already be aware, during the month of July I will be spending several weeks in Malawi, where I will be working to build a new school for a rural village. The project has been organized and funded by Hurst College, and each of the 16 of us going are also paying several thousand pounds each to go on the trip. This thread is not looking to raise funds for the trip, although if you feel you'd like you'd like to donate you can message me, rather this thread is created with the purpose of reminding (not that you need it) you all of the good work of the REMF, who I am delighted to say have very generously donated £250, which has been set aside and will be spent solely on football equipment for the village kids, who you can see photographs of above. The majority of the cash will be spent on a set of goal posts, for the pitch which again can be seen above. The rest of the cash will be spent on other stuff, primarily balls and possibly a strip.

I felt it was good to start this thread not just because it raises peoples awareness of the REMF, and because it serves as a reminder that despite all the end of season binfests leading up to the main event of the friendly match, we shouldn't forget that the REMF raises an aweful lot of cash for a very good cause.

I fully intend to update this thread after I am back from the trip with more pictures of the kids, and hopefully some pictures of the supplied equipment, assuming that it is all ready when I am out there, which I can't ensure.

Thanks for reading, find attached a powerpoint with some more information about the trip and the country for those interested.

Attachments

• New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
    2 MB · Views: 63

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Nice to see where the money we raised finally goes, top work :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done everyone.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
REMF has also just donated £ 25 for 10 footballs for kids in Uganda and behalf of a CPFC supporter who is visiting the Country shortly. Photo's will follow.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
USA/New York - 3 year package for 230 Hispanic kids in Queens

Africa/Mali - coaching for hope £ 3000 - aids orphans

Africa/Malawi ... See More

Africa/Uganda

South Africa

Cambodia

8 youth clubs in Sussex

Youth club in Croydon

Seagulls Specials for handicapped and disdvantaged members of the community £ 7000

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fantastic work, long may it continue.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nice work. I can't open the attachment. Whereabouts are you staying and visiting?

Is this in conjunction with Lancing College?

Good luck with the trip! Malawi is the most amazing, warm and friendly country I have ever had the opportunity to visit.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hmm could've swarn I posted in here saying pictures on there way, but clearly I didn't.

Pictures are here, had to get several off of other people hence the delay.

ImageShack Album - 11 images

To BOF: The village was 5-6km southwest of Blantyre, it wasn't in anyway linked o Lancing, although we did bump into them while out there, can safely say it was one of the best times i've ever had, and would definitely recommend it to any considering a similar trip through their college or on a gap year.

You can probably move this to the REMF section now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well done REMF.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well done REMF.
Indeed. I know occasionally we haven't always seen 100% eye-to-eye over REMF but this is exactly the type of projects, imo, it should be supporting. Well one to everybody involved.

usa/new york - 3 year package for 230 hispanic kids in queens

africa/mali - coaching for hope £ 3000 - aids orphans

africa/malawi ... See more

africa/uganda

south africa

cambodia

8 youth clubs in sussex

youth club in croydon

?
Seagulls specials for handicapped and disdvantaged members of the community £ 7000

any chance of the seagull club getting any support?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
any chance of the seagull club getting any support?

If you mean the Seagulls Specials yes, £ 7000. We have also given kit and equipment to 8 local youth clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here