Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF Brighton Marathon Team 2012/2013 - Final figure and update for 2013

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The final figure for the REMF Brighton Marathon 2012 team with Bob Gear's SDW run is £ 10030. Smashing through the £ 10k barrier. The second most successful REMF fund raising event since 2001. With a target set of £ 5000 from 10 runners to achieve over £ 10000 from 9 runners is magnificent. I am now planning the REMF Marathon 2013 team. Thanks everyone for your support and well done to the guys involved.

I have 4 runners for 2013 so far and need a team of 10 with a commitment to raise at least £ 500 each. PM me if you want to be considered and thanks.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
The final figure for the REMF Brighton Marathon 2012 team with Bob Gear's SDW run is £ 10030. Smashing through the £ 10k barrier. The second most successful REMF fund raising event since 2001. With a target set of £ 5000 from 10 runners to achieve over £ 10000 from 9 runners is magnificent. I am now planning the REMF Marathon 2013 team. Thanks everyone for your support and well done to the guys involved.

I have 4 runners for 2013 so far and need a team of 10 with a commitment to raise at least £ 500 each. PM me if you want to be considered and thanks.

I would be very interested in running for your team next year. I have tried to PM you but it says your in box is full. Let me know.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And to think everyone slated Dear Tim for doing this, what a Ruddy Hero he was and everyone else who ran

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
In box cleared.

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Great to see the fund continue to raise so much. Also highly recommend the experience of running a marathon and the feeling of crossing the line is amazing. The crowd are also brilliant and help get you round even if you are a palace fan in a brighton shirt.

Are you running 2013 Gareth?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If you raised 10K this year, why are you only targeting 5K next year? Not knocking you, just interested.

Are you going to run it this year, US?

Fair play to everyone who RAN it, I cant think of many things worse than running a marathon. Well done.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If you raised 10K this year, why are you only targeting 5K next year? Not knocking you, just interested.

Are you going to run it this year, US?

Fair play to everyone who RAN it, I cant think of many things worse than running a marathon. Well done.

I targeted £ 500 per person as a MINIMUM requirement last year which I think you will find is a standard figure for a charity place. As it was due to relentless plugging for months we achieved £ 10300 between 9. So I don't think I or the team can be accused of being complacent. I want to be realistic and if we achieve over £ 5k great. £ 10030 was exceptional but still whatever I/We do there will always be someone who thinks it is not enough. After doing this for over 10 years that is what I have come to expect now. I am sure there are loads of people who the think REMF could have done more.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I targeted £ 500 per person as a MINIMUM requirement last year which I think you will find is a standard figure for a charity place. As it was due to relentless plugging for months we achieved £ 10300 between 9. So I don't think I or the team can be accused of being complacent. I want to be realistic and if we achieve over £ 5k great. £ 10030 was exceptional but still whatever I/We do there will always be someone who thinks it is not enough. After doing this for over 10 years that is what I have come to expect now. I am sure there are loads of people who the think REMF could have done more.

Blimey. Your overreactions get more and more bizarre by the day. I think you need help.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Well done to all involved. My son ran the marathon for a different charity and said it was the hardest thing he has done in his life, so far.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Blimey. Your overreactions get more and more bizarre by the day. I think you need help.

If you say so. I just get hacked off with the negative slant put on everything. The target is £ 5k and we will do all we can to exceed that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here