Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember Me

bas63

Jan 7, 2012
From Wrexham but could.nt make the game sat,I used to work at Fishers in Newhaven in the 70,s unloading the boats, my sister had a pub there in bridge street but i cannot remember the name of it,her name was Ann and her partner was John (Buttimer) just a chance that any one on this site might remember me my name is Barry.Made some good friends and have fond memories that will always be with me

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I think The Ark used to have a seafood restaurant called Buttimer's, but that is in West Quay not Bridge street.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.
I think The Ark used to have a seafood restaurant called Buttimer's, but that is in West Quay not Bridge street.

No, no no! Buttimers was a restaurant in Chapel Street which was situated in what used to be an Ale House called the Jolly Sailor. The only pubs that were ever in Bridge Street were the Bridge Hotel, which is still there. The Crown and The New Bridge, which are both long gone.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
No, no no! Buttimers was a restaurant in Chapel Street which was situated in what used to be an Ale House called the Jolly Sailor. The only pubs that were ever in Bridge Street were the Bridge Hotel, which is still there. The Crown and The New Bridge, which are both long gone.

I stand corrected.

bas63

Jan 7, 2012
Got it the Riverside, yes, Thank you, They also had the seafood restaurant which was once called the old mill i believe, there are flats on that site now, and then moved to what was called Buttimers, and then moved to the Riverside pub.My sister Ann is living in Wrexham but John Buttimer died and buried in Spain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here