Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remember me?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
After many years I'm back.

I was here before, back in the days of Owen Wilkinson. Back in those days I had a user name which some young lads fell for.

Until now, I've never got the hang of registering again but have been an avid reader. I'll be joining 5 of my family already here and they include some of the most prolific and controversial posters.

For the past few years I've been hanging out in the Argus forum and it's been good seeing some of you guys coming on over. Sadly, that site is no more as it was.

Choosing a user name was not easy. I've gone for Freddie Goodwin because he seems a forgotton man in Albion history. He became manager in 1968, in those days clubs rarely changed managers.

Albion were heading down from the old 3rd division and were 2nd bottom in December, gates having fallen to about 7,000. During his 18 mths or so the average gate doubled, we were almost unbeatable at home and I saw crowds rise to over 30.000 on 2 occasions.

During his reign, I saw my 1st away game, a humbling defeat at Luton. The following year we went back for a table topping match infront of nearly 20,000 and crowd trouble making the news.

Goodwin was one of the 'Busby Babes' brought into replace those who perished at Munich. He managed in America in New York and brought some true customer service even answering fans questions in the programme and not just about what happened on the pitch. it was he who got the area by the east terrace turnstyles concreted so people wern't wading through puddles and he ensure there were towells in the toilets.

he also brought in legends like Alex Dawson & Alan Duffy. Goodwin was paoched by birmingham city and took them to Div 1 and a FA Cup semi-final. Where is he now?

He gave me my 1st big times supporting the Albion so i commend his name to this board. :clap:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Are you ancient then? :lolol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good name..................lets see a suitable avatar.....one of our Freddie please:wave: :clap2: :clap2: :albion:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mr Goodwin...

Attachments

• freddie.jpg
    freddie.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 882

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Ancient indeed, but not the eldest on here.

Must find out how those avatars work.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
POMPEY, BIRMINGHAM THEN WOLVES IN THE CUP BEFORE 33 K AT THE GOLDSTONE IN 1969.

ALL UNDER FREDDIE.

:clap:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Questions said:
POMPEY, BIRMINGHAM THEN WOLVES IN THE CUP BEFORE 33 K AT THE GOLDSTONE IN 1969.

ALL UNDER FREDDIE.

:clap:

Remember Barrow comming down for a league game just before and playing to a huge crowd as everybody had turned up to buy tickets for Wolves game ..Cant remember the score as was too young but remember going to that match

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
So what was your username back then, I was around in those old glory days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
the immaculately dressed Kurt Angle perchance :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here