Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remaining Players

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Bearing in mind (with the possible exception of Brooker), Adams has generally signed players who are fairly tough. How is he going to cope / deal with some of the more light weight and softer members of the squad.

I cannot see him putting up performances such as Robinson's against Swansea where he was non existent.

Also how are players such as Loft and Fogden going to fit in, hardly that adapt to the physical side of the game.

I think Thomson might enjoy the football Adams plays though.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Brooker?
Watson?

Hardly the 'toughest' footballers going...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to assume that MA okayed the retention of Fogden and Loft - can only imagine it was on Barry Lloyd's advice/assessment

Reckon you are right about Thomson :lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bearing in mind (with the possible exception of Brooker), Adams has generally signed players who are fairly tough. How is he going to cope / deal with some of the more light weight and softer members of the squad.

I cannot see him putting up performances such as Robinson's against Swansea where he was non existent.

Also how are players such as Loft and Fogden going to fit in, hardly that adapt to the physical side of the game.

I think Thomson might enjoy the football Adams plays though.

I do find it VERY strange that the 10 players were allowed to be released when Knight NEW that there was a good chance Adams would become manager - surely it would've been better to give everyone a month in training and for Micky to choose who gos / stays from that month?!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
other than Butters, Hart, Mayo and Reid, they would have been out most likly anyway. have the P45 handed out by the outgoing manager so MA doesnt have to come in and deal with those issues.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I do find it VERY strange that the 10 players were allowed to be released when Knight NEW that there was a good chance Adams would become manager

Not a coincidence. Adams would have knows these guys were being released.

Conversation probably went like this - Adams to DK "Get rid of three "legends" and some deadwood before I sign up and we'll start with a clean bill of health and won't get shit from the fans - and it will also free up some funds in the wage pot for new players, I hear that Barry has a few he has his eye on. By the way, the front two look good, lets get some hard bastards into midfield and a winger and they'll be the leading scorers in the division next year. this is gonna be good Mr Chairman"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure I agree with this. Zamora, Watson, Brooker, Jones come to mind and neither strike me as tough.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not a coincidence. Adams would have knows these guys were being released.

Conversation probably went like this - Adams to DK "Get rid of three "legends" and some deadwood before I sign up and we'll start with a clean bill of health and won't get shit from the fans - and it will also free up some funds in the wage pot for new players, I hear that Barry has a few he has his eye on. By the way, the front two look good, lets get some hard bastards into midfield and a winger and they'll be the leading scorers in the division next year. this is gonna be good Mr Chairman"

Brilliant :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Zamora was a fairly strong player, backed up with ability. After all in the third division championship side, he generally played up front on his own.

True, I tend to equate 'stong' with 'clogger' if you get my drift....but there are other ways to be a strong player than charging round the field 'letting people know you are there' all afternoon.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will have no objection, in fact I'd welcome, the addition of some "hard" players, it's the one thing that's been consistently lacking in Deano's brief spell in charge. We won't get out of this division without them. If players like Robinson don't toughen up they'll be out and I'd have no complaints about it.

The season before last was often like watching men against boys, this season has seen an improvement as the kids matured but we are not tough eneough week in week out. I have my reservations about Adams coming back but I doubt we'll be able to complain about lack of commitment, performances like Port Vale would never happen with MA in charge

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here