Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rehman

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Just wondering why we took him back.Lewis or Sidwell or Ingermarsson he ain`t.Surely Magoo saw him at Bournemouth/Brentford.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
We only have to pay one quarter of his wages so he is a cheap option.

Fulham pay half, but we only have to play half of the other half as he is only able to play the first half of each game for us.

Someone mentioned ramadam on the phone in...

harold robbins

Jul 5, 2003
H Block, you beat me to it. Why oh why did Mcghee bring him back?.After a promising start with us he seemed to disappear and yesterday....to be honest that it was only when he was taken off that I realised hed been playing (if thats the correct description!)!!. Send him back at the earliest opportunity - we could use the money we are paying him to get a half decent loan replacement.

If Rehman played like he did against Rushden, I would be happy. But he is'nt! But, he's not any different from the rest of the team - except he's on loan and we haven't got a contract with him.

Maybe someone could clarify this, but McGhee said he wanted 2 loan players when he came here. If Rehman stayed and didn't go back to Fulhaam, would we have had another loan player?

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
A bit harsh on him when every other fu-cker around him is playing shite.
Everyone no's he has the ability and that will come through once we get some confidence back or maybe not.:lolol:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
He was absolute crap yesterday. As bad as anyone on the pitch. No interest, no commitment.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It seems to me that he is not a battling type of midfeild player and needs a good old fasioned battler to do the work for him, like Charlie.

I would like to see if Rehman could hit a dead ball. I cannot remember the last time we scored from a free kick.

Gotsmanov

Aug 13, 2003
Brighton
He's a strange player. If we're winning / playing well, he seems to be very involved and run things from midfield (Rushden being a good example). When the chips are down, though, he seems to be ineffective at best, non-existent at worst. I think a major problem with his play, and consequently our performances with him in the side, is possibly down to his positional sense. Whenever Chippy had the ball yesterday, instead of Zesh being alongside / just infront / behind and available for a pass, he seemed to have drifted forward onto the shoulder of the opposing defender. Consequently Chippy had little option but to pass it back to Mayo or Hinsh and wait for the hoof up-field. Clearly the guy has potential, and if he was playing well all the time, he wouldn't be playing on loan for a second division side - he'd be on the bench / pushing for a starting place at Fulham. However, he needs to alter his positional game to give his midfield partner, and hence the team, more options. It's no coincidence that we've stuttered to a halt since Rodger got injured.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Gotsmanov said:
He's a strange player. If we're winning / playing well, he seems to be very involved and run things from midfield (Rushden being a good example). When the chips are down, though, he seems to be ineffective at best, non-existent at worst. I think a major problem with his play, and consequently our performances with him in the side, is possibly down to his positional sense. Whenever Chippy had the ball yesterday, instead of Zesh being alongside / just infront / behind and available for a pass, he seemed to have drifted forward onto the shoulder of the opposing defender. Consequently Chippy had little option but to pass it back to Mayo or Hinsh and wait for the hoof up-field. Clearly the guy has potential, and if he was playing well all the time, he wouldn't be playing on loan for a second division side - he'd be on the bench / pushing for a starting place at Fulham. However, he needs to alter his positional game to give his midfield partner, and hence the team, more options. It's no coincidence that we've stuttered to a halt since Rodger got injured.

Hit the nail on the head there:clap:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Wasn’t impressed at all with what I saw yesterday.

hopeful

Jul 18, 2003
I left the game when Bristol got their fourth goal and he was leaving the ground then. He did not look to happy, but you think he might have stayed to the end!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
personally it would'nt bother me if he pissed off back to fulham now because he was crap yesterday and he can't tackle for
toffee.what we need is another danny wilson mode player and
not a prima donna !!!!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is shite.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
That will always be the problem with most loaned players sadly grrrrrr.:lolol: :lolol:

I seem to remember a young lad, Zamalamadingdong or something scoring 6 goals for us on loan in a very short period of time. Little Leon worked his nuts off whilst on loan too. Ingi and Sidwell too.

It doesn't matter if just on loan...if the person wants to be a professional footballer-they'll play for any team under any circumstances at any time.

Rehman has turned into a waster in the same mould as Barrett. Yeates hasn't had long enough for any of us to form a constructive opinion of him just yet.

I'm not a subscriber to this 'only on loan' theory. If they're hungry enough to make it they'll do the biz for us-if they're wasters, they'll take the piss.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The problem with all of this is that he is keeping our own youngsters like Hammond, Harding and El Abd out of the team. It is unclear whether he is a better player than them. He is not stronger than them from what I've seen.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
mona said:
The problem with all of this is that he is keeping our own youngsters like Hammond, Harding and El Abd out of the team. It is unclear whether he is a better player than them. He is not stronger than them from what I've seen.

He isn't strong or commited at all. If he was a real premiershite prospect Fulham wouldn't send him down to us.

We do need one or two loan players to bolster the squad but he isn't a player I want to see wearing the stripes again. What the likes of El Abd and Hammond lack in experience they'll more than make up for that with their desire to play regularly at this level. A good balance of loanees and youth should see us alright.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
If Chippy Charlie and Rodger were playing in midfield, we would'nt even be talking about Rehman. Two of our best midfielders are injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here