Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reggie Perrin/Darwin..Missing for 5 years.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why the Hell did he come back? Wife has the dough, he has the house in Panama..why would he walk into a cop shop in London and claim amnesia?

God knows I have felt like disappearing over the years, but if i did, I would not come back.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Reading the news on the BBC site, it looks like he was rumbled a couple of months ago.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Reading the news on the BBC site, it looks like he was rumbled a couple of months ago.

Even more reason to do one then.

She has the cash, he has been snapped in Panama, obviously with no extradition treaty with the UK, Just live high off the hog and send a postcard home.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
maybe his conscience caught up with him?

Only explanation. His Family obviously really love him, to come back from the dead like that and to have them all kissing him and being truly thankful that he is still alive.

Pretty humbling, Life is too short as it is.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Even more reason to do one then.

She has the cash, he has been snapped in Panama, obviously with no extradition treaty with the UK, Just live high off the hog and send a postcard home.

I believe there is (surprisingly) an extradition treaty with Panama...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like the cashed in insurance policy will be returned

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i bet he has got cancer, only come back for the free health care

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My guess is that he was rumbled whilst back in the UK and was unable to leave the country as airports all had his passport flagged. Does his time and joins wife. Simple.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a waste of what seemed to be a perfectly servicable canoe :angry:

(Will he be allowed to profit from the inevitable book and movie deal?)

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Someone's dobbed on them and my theory is that once he heard the OB were taking an interest he came back here to try and fool them with the old amnesia routine. That way, his wife's story about genuinely thinking he was dead and claiming the insurance money in good faith might stand up. I liked the comment from one of the locals on the news tonight about the rescue teams having searched for him on the wrong beaches at the time - they should have tried the Spanish seaside!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I may be wrong, but anyone following Robert Maxwell needs to go to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, don't they?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I may be wrong, but anyone following Robert Maxwell needs to go to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, don't they?

As is reported but I belive different.

My son worked for BA and then bough ta bar in Teneriffe and I was visiting the weekend he disappeared. We had too much to drink and missed flight home but as it was a BA ticket they got me booked on a charter leaving at 4.00am next morning . We duly arrived at the airport at 2.00am as directed and as we drove round it a Brazilian Cargo plane( Varta or similar) was being loaded with boxex by fork lift under the lights of the forklift. My son said that was strange and took the number of the plane. Later that day he phoned his mate at BA to find out what or who was on the plane and despite all the checks possible, according to the records, that plane did not leave Brazil it was parked up for 3 days in the sheds at Brazil airport and we saw it on the Sunday that Maxwell disappearred at Teneriffe Airport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here