Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Regents Park football

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
In one of his rare moments of inspiration, the NSCer known as SIMSTER has wisely suggested that we resurrect the NSC Regents Park football kickabout. For those of you new to the idea (we did this for a few years until a summer or two ago and it was top FUNE then), this consists of kicking a football around Regents Park with fellow Albion fans, although you even don't have to be. it's nothing too serious, with emphasis on having a bit of a laugh, drinking too much afterwards to replace those lost fluids, and kicking big Barnet Seagull if you dare. It's jumpers for goalposts and eyeing up the totty playing softball nearby is COMPULSORY. Hope that's OK.

Anyone interested? As I prove with every kick of the ball, a complete lack of ability and fitness need be no impediment to playing. I would suggest THURSDAY evenings - post below if you're up for it.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
DAMANCLAY said:
Yeah id play depending on what time.
It was always whenever anyone turned up really - some people turned up and went straight to the pub. Generally about 6-6.30pm on average.

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Id be up for that. I play with a few people on the Leeds chat forum also one night a week.

I be up for it. I was just thinking about those good old days when we whipped "Arsenal" and Barca over two weeks.

LC

Simster assures me that I cannot be worse than you MoH so I'm up for it. Would prefer a Tue, Wed or Fri but will try to fit in with the in crowd.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Perry Milkins said:
I always thought you were crap at footie Lokkolito?
Maybe he is - but Douglas Bader is better than me. That's Douglas Bader NOW.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, Douglas Bader was an outstanding sportsman before his crash. And he would still have had the old hand-eye co-ordination afterwards. Which might have given him the edge over MoH...

I am crap at football because I have had my cruciate ligament snapped and repaired. The fact that I was crap before this injury is of course irrelevant.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Tooting Gull said:
To be fair, Douglas Bader was an outstanding sportsman before his crash. And he would still have had the old hand-eye co-ordination afterwards. Which might have given him the edge over MoH...

I would imagine MOH's skills may equate to Boy George on stilts.

:jester:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Perry Milkins said:
I would imagine MOH's skills may equate to Boy George on stilts.
Not just my skills but my weekend attire

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here