Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Referees name?

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Can we publicise the name of the ref here please?

That way it will ensure if we kick up enough of a stink and we
know his name (I'll be writing a letter to complain btw) -

that the **** never refs a match of ours again......

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
And home to Stockport.

Yes, THAT game.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
And home to Stockport.

Yes, THAT game.

Yes,and I emailed a complaint about him to the league after this game.The reply was that the league does not respond to such criticism,in effect responding to say they wouldn't.

His refereeing days should be over............but don't hold your breath.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Can we publicise the name of the ref here please?

That way it will ensure if we kick up enough of a stink and we
know his name (I'll be writing a letter to complain btw) -

that the **** never refs a match of ours again......

Could you add Kevin Friend to that list too please? Perhaps we could bring a case against them under The Trade Descriptions Act?? :thumbsup:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I know its an easy gripe to moan at referees, but I genuinely believe the standard of refereeing at this level has been steadily declining in recent years.

I wasn't there yesterday, but when you see even opposition fans saying it was a nailed on pen not given, you know the refs made a cock up. The ref last week at home to Millwall was also appalling, making incorrect decisions against both teams to be fair. It just seems to me that not a week goes by without some monumental balls up by officials at this level. They are ruining the game completely with a "look at me I'm in charge" attitude. A good ref is a ref that you don't notice.

I really think the F.A. ought to take a long hard look at refereeing standards in the lower leagues.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I know its an easy gripe to maon at referees, but I genuinely beliebe the standard of refereeing at this level has been steadily declining in recent years.

I wasn't there yesterday, but when you see even opposition fans saying it was a nailed on pen not given, you know the refs made a cock up. The ref last week at home to Millwall was also appalling, making incorrect decisions against both teams to be fair. It just seems to me that not a week a goes by without some monumental balls up by officials at this level. They are ruining the game completely with a "look at me I'm in charge" attitude. A good ref is a ref that you don't notice.

I really think the F.A. ought to take a long hard look at refereeing standards in the lower leagues.

Agreed, its not just the major stuff he got wrong either, he gave pointless yellow cards out, he seemed to have no control over the players, he also refused to let anyone take quick free kicks and I don't remember him ever using the advantage rule. One other thing as well, the indirect free kick they got, I don't even think he knew what had been given, he had to go over to his lino who spotted it.

He took clueless to a whole new level did Steve Cook, congrats on ruining the game, wanker.:mad:

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
He also didn't know what to do about the back pass. Video footage was laughable, watching him wonder whether he could give a yellow or not.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who is the head of the refs panel. He is/was well known ref but his name escapes me you could try writing to him even if he/they do not reply he will have read the letter and be aware of its contents and it may stick in his mind should he receive any others from other club supporters.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Didn't he give Kuipers a yellow when he wanted treatment for a head injury, what was that one about??

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Obviously the ref was dire - should not be allowed near a professional game again and must be dropped from the list, but why is it that dire refs always seem to be both dire and biased against us at the same time? If he had not given teh penalty and alllowed a dodgy goal for us that would have been balanced dire, but allow their goal and not give the penalty is just biased dire.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
DO you think the ref lay awake in bed last night thinking about how rubbish he was? Or do you think he is still in denial about being so bad? I hope he had a sleepless night and has the guts to apologise to Gus for his poor performance. These things matter

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here