Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ref for Swindon

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
We've got Neale Barry at Swindon. Can't remember him being too bad when I've seen him and he did get a cracking assist for Norwich against Reading. At Withdean we've got Graham Laws.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could be better, but thank God it's not Joe Ross, Matt Messias or Fatty Prosser (saw him giving yet another hotly contested penalty at the weekend, how is this man still on the league list??).

No doubt Palace and the other 1st Division clubs will get Durkin or Poll, leaving us with the crud as usual.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Talking of refs, is there only one referee physically able to get travel to Glasgow. Is there some sort of radiation that only affects referees as they move into the city limits? I only ask because Hugh Dallas is the only ref you ever see for an Old Firm match. Maybe Scottish refs are like their goalkeepers? ???

Or maybe he's a buddist? ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ernest said:
Wasn't Neale Barry the ref at Hereford ?

Oooh, I hope so, that'd be a good omen. That was 7 years ago now though, would the ref from that game even be on the list still, bearing in mind they have to retire at 50 something?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would have preferred Collina

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Ernest said:
Wasn't Neale Barry the ref at Hereford ?
yer he was and according 2 sir alex he's the best decision maker in the country! so must be true!!.never heard of this laws bloke though

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Thanks for letting me know it was him who helped set up the Norwich winner - just wound my Reading supporting flat mate up - got him moaning about how it cost them promotion blah blah blah

Payback for all the chants of

Up the arse
Up the arse
Brighton take it up the arse

which normally start up circa 2am when he turns up drunk! :salute:

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
Barry seems to have only reffed prem and 1st Div games this season - Laws has done more in the lower leagues: he did the div 2 play offs 2 years ago and reffed our win at Wrexham when Bobby got 2 - don't remember him.

Nov 12, 2003
This is what will happen on refs for the final

The refs for all the play off semi-finals are as follows

Neale Barry
Graham Laws
Richard Beeby
Mark Clattenburg
Paul Taylor
Michael Jones
David Pugh
Graham Poll
Mike Pike

I think you will find the Nationwide have deemed these guys as the best crop for the play offs and you will find that three of these will officiate the finals....

Last year, for example, Steve Bennett did the Wolves Sheff Utd final and he was on the Premier list . This would suggest Barry or Poll will do this year's Div 1 final.

The one on this list I would not want if we get to the final is David Pugh - a bit dodgy but....

There is no Prosser on the list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here